NBA All Star 2009 logo set

Conrad.

I know there's a thread for the primary logo, but I figured I'd start a fresh one for discussion of the whole set.

Here's the primary:

AS09main.gif

And the 4 accompanying alternate/secondary logos:

AS09alts.gif

I like the 4 alt logos alot, esp. the Gorilla and the starbust/AZ flag/sun combination. Now to wait on the look of the jerseys...

Nice detail on the Gorilla.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

If the jersey that the gorilla is wearing is any indication of the jerseys that the players will wear, its a definite upgrade over last year's.

I second that. But, if recent trends prevail than the All-Star jersey will be primarily red, white, and blue.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Could that look any more like the 1995 Phoenix logo?

95allstr.gif

Uh, yeah...it could look a LOT more like it.

I really hope they go back to those 1995 jerseys, too. They were so hideously ugly that I couldn't help but love them.

BTW...Gorilla > all

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I know there's a thread for the primary logo, but I figured I'd start a fresh one for discussion of the whole set.

Here's the primary:

AS09main.gif

And the 4 accompanying alternate/secondary logos:

AS09alts.gif

I like the 4 alt logos alot, esp. the Gorilla and the starbust/AZ flag/sun combination. Now to wait on the look of the jerseys...

You know, the Sun/Basketball alt logo there would make a superior Phoenix Suns primary. Way better than the Phx firebird they got now.

Very nice set - everything. For the record, I usually have conservative tastes when it comes to uniforms, but for the all star game - I say go over the top. The crazier the uniform the better. Oh, and the gorilla is my favorite of all these logos. You can't ever go wrong with a dunking gorilla. In fact, since its Phoenix, I think the gorilla should be a participant in the slam dunk competition.

-LT

Let me clarify one thing: Todd did the primary. Don't know about the rest of it.

Seems unusual. That does explain why all the secondaries have a different font than the primary logo.

And if the All-Star game jersey looks like the one on the gorilla, that would be a serious improvement over many of the previous years' versions.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

On the whole, this is set is borderline immaculate, but the primary is my favorite by far. The ball/mountain/state flag allusion is genius IMO. As is the star worked into the sun rays. The primary is solid as well. It paints the picture of my vision of Arizona very nicely. The Gorilla...well I don't have any constructive comments for it, it's just awesome. Finally this year's edition of the silhouette in star logo gives the usual concept more depth than those previous years.

Archived