Ray To The Jets

GMac

Jeff Garcia was in the Pro Bowl a few times he is not that bad, I would not mindseeing him in MIami either. I dont get why 49ers fans hate him.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Jeff Garcia was in the Pro Bowl a few times he is not that bad, I would not mindseeing him in MIami either. I dont get why 49ers fans hate him.

Because he isn't Joe or Steve. It didn't matter who they got in after Steeve Young--if he didn't win a Super Bowl in a yera or two- he's a bum--according to them--they were spoiled by Montana/Young--well the lack of a Super Bowl in SF is not Garcia's fault.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I disagree. Garcia has been given quality weapons to work with like TO, Hearst, Barlow, and Streets. His problem is that he cant get the ball to them because he takes too much time to get the ball away, panics too quickly, and he cant take a hit for PLOP!

He has ONE postseason win in the years hes been here. Steve only won one super bowl as the starter, but he has quite a few playoff wins to his credit.

besides, look at the names of recent memory that have super bowl wins: TRENT DILFER! BRAD JOHNSON! those are super bowl champion qbs? granted those teams won with defense, but still the fact that they have multiple playoff victories under thier belt rather then just ONE that pansy garcia does, make them both better quartebacks!

Give Garcia the boot quickly! Let Rattay and Dorsey duke it out at training camp! Of course I hope Dorsey wins that battle

I disagree. Garcia has been given quality weapons to work with like TO, Hearst, Barlow, and Streets. His problem is that he cant get the ball to them because he takes too much time to get the ball away, panics too quickly, and he cant take a hit for PLOP!

He has ONE postseason win in the years hes been here. Steve only won one super bowl as the starter, but he has quite a few playoff wins to his credit.

besides, look at the names of recent memory that have super bowl wins: TRENT DILFER! BRAD JOHNSON! those are super bowl champion qbs? granted those teams won with defense, but still the fact that they have multiple playoff victories under thier belt rather then just ONE that pansy garcia does, make them both better quartebacks!

Give Garcia the boot quickly! Let Rattay and Dorsey duke it out at training camp! Of course I hope Dorsey wins that battle

Well if those teams could win a Super Bowl with sub par QB's then that supports my theory--it wasn't Garcia's fault--

sure as a member of the team he shoulders soem blame--as the QB he gets a lot of the burden--but the rest of the team, the coaches, and management all deserve a lot of the blame too. I don't get how you can all dump it so much on Garci's head.

When he left teh Stampeders the next year we went with Dave Dickenson--and they lost the Grey Cup with Dickenson at the helm--so while I am of the opinion that Garcia is and was a better QB than Dickenson, I would never blame the loss on him, or call him any of the names you have. ANd that was before I found out he played the game with a broken collar bone.

Last season was horrible for the Stampeders, and while a lot of attention was deservedly focused on the QB's, I can't place even a small percentage of the blame you lay on Garcia on the Stamps QB's and they played way worse than Garcia would on a bad day. There were other problems on the team, and with the coaches and especially with the management--but I can't blame just one person.

Neither should you--

so once again--If Garcia isn't wanted down there I know a CFL team who could use a veteran QB--we can't pay him anywhere near what SF was--but at least Stampeder fans would appreciate him, even if he's not as good anymore as when he played for the Stamps.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

if pansy jeff is so loved in stampland then by all means.....take him!

because hes about worn his welcome out in ninerland. his little DUI incident doesnt help his case either.

everyone wants to blame TO for saying something that everyone else (players, coaches, media alike) was scared to say: we need a better quarterback!

if jeff is so loved in calgary, then maybe hes not cut out to be an NFL quarterback. He is better off being a CFL quarterback. Hell for all I care he could go back to Gilroy and start picking garlic! :cursing:

Jeff's DUI didn't help him. Most think that Tim Rattay is the man now. I just can't see it. Garcia is a bonafide QB. The thing is that after Joe Montana and Steve Young, he is the QB to take over. He has broken numerous 49er records that Joe and Steve have had. I don't understand why Garcia is considered a bust. If anything, consider the play calling which is more predictable than ever.

1st Down & 10: Run up the middle

2nd Down & 11: Run up the middle

3rd Down & 8: Throws the ball to Terrell Owens, incomplete

4th Down & 8: LaFleur punts the ball 20 yards (no kidding)

Garcia was hurt all year, back injury before camp, ankle injury in the middle and still had decent numbers. Niners lose him and Owens (to a trade), then they will have a throwback era...of the mid 1970's, days of 2-12, 3-11, 2-14. Face it, the 49ers will now have everything. Bad team, bad stadium, VERY bad owner and a Clipperesque attitude...oh wait...they have a state-of-the-art home.

Sorry, back to topic. Interesting that Ray would sign with the Jets. I'm guessing Vinny Testaverde is retiring. CFL QB's are able to be successful. Some guy named Flutie did it in buffalo before ownership screwed that one of with the QB of the future...Rob Johnson.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

we'll call it Footstep syndrome. A legend spoils his home fans with success that his replacement is under pressure to duplicate. Effectively, said understudy will inevitably find it difficult to get on fans' good side for very long. see Fiedler, Jay; Belissari, Steve; Lord, Jammal

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Descrim you hit it right on the head. Joe and Steve (and Dan in Miami) did so well, that the next guy has all the pressure in the world. Not all 49er fans hate him. I think they just get upset when he has happy feet, when his O-line collapses. Oh well.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

we'll call it Footstep syndrome. A legend spoils his home fans with success that his replacement is under pressure to duplicate. Effectively, said understudy will inevitably find it difficult to get on fans' good side for very long. see Fiedler, Jay; Belissari, Steve; Lord, Jammal

Couldn't have said it better myself--

:D

I think Garcia actually has more talent than Flutie--just hasn't had a fair chance to show it.

Ray should do well in the NFL due to his style.

Here's what I was thinking when I saw the topic heading: Ray to the Jets ...... Rob Ray to the Winnipeg Jets :D

It would be interesting to see that happen.

That's in a small since what has happened with Bulger and Warner, but the thing is, WARNER CAN STILL PLAY!

Wow you just aren't gonna let that Warner topic go eh STL, man. Ray will be able to play in the NFL. He can run if he wants too, and can throw the deep accurate ball that all football fans love to see. I'd love to see him stay in the CFL, but what can you do when the league to the south is more hyped, and pays you more money to play. If you took a person that has never watched football before i gaurantee he'd like the CFL game better, but the hype and the advertising and the big market is what lures good players such as Ray and Garcia to the NFL which in turn either eats up their career or makes them American stars. The only time people remember that they're from the CFL is if they mess up and play crappy.

3JymF.png

Archived