The CFL goes "Retro", for Retro Week

Davey

I was watching Sportsnet and they had a topic on CFL going "retro", showing the unveiled a CFL logo ( I'm guessing what they will use ) as well as retro jerseys for the Toronto Argonauts and Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Of course its on CFL's website, so here is a pic of the "retro" jerseys ;

Retro_Joseph_Jones__Bruce-524_265.jpg

Its a new day called CFL Retro Week, and of course everything will be retro. This year it will be Argos vs The Blue Bombers. I wounder how they will look in action, and will be great to see this event, with new teams ever year.

Article/ more info can be found here ;

CFL going "Retro"

(sorry if this topic has already been discussed)

4kv29i.jpg

I wounder how they will look in action

I'm willing to go along with "honour," "colour," and "humour," but I'm calling b.s. on this one.

As for the jerseys, are these actual throwback jerseys, or are they just throwback-"ish"? Every pic I've seen of the Bombers before their mid-'90s makeover shows them in royal blue, not navy. And I just can't believe the Argos had a light blue jersey like that.

Its a new day called CFL Retro Week

Your posts are truly are a wounder to behold.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As for the jerseys, are these actual throwback jerseys, or are they just throwback-"ish"?

Throwback-ish. According to the Bomber website...

The Winnipeg Football Club joins the Toronto Argonauts and the CFL in a five-year launch celebrating the CFL?s legacy when the Blue Bombers sport throwback 1950?s-style uniforms for their two fall games against the Argonauts.

No word on the pants, but I would think yellow or white. And I believe, although can't quite recall with certainty, that in the early 70s, the Bombers used a much darker blue than the medium royal that they wore until the 90s (and that was damn near ripped off by the London Monarchs).

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived