Striped Endzones

yoo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They have required that at least some green exist between the colored design and the white stripes, which is why most college designs do not extend to the boundaries.

Is it required, or encouraged? Looking at the Florida State photos, the garnet endzones extend all the way to the sidelines and endlines.

It's a rule, I know that for absolute fact. That said, there have already been two examples here of teams that ignore it so...

Isn't FieldTurf a "once it's down, it's down" thing, at least for the season? As I understand it, it's not in pieces like Astroturf was, so you can't for example take up the Saints' endzones and replace them with Tulane graphics.

I think so...

The Jets & Giants used to have the astroturf replaced each week...

IIRC, the seam bisected the wide white stripe of the goal line.
natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

They have required that at least some green exist between the colored design and the white stripes, which is why most college designs do not extend to the boundaries.

Is it required, or encouraged? Looking at the Florida State photos, the garnet endzones extend all the way to the sidelines and endlines.

It's a rule, I know that for absolute fact. That said, there have already been two examples here of teams that ignore it so...

Then I don't think it is a rule.

No, it's definitely a rule of the NCAA, I checked with our facilities people here to be sure. It's in a field maintainence guide produced by the NCAA (which also gives the guidelines for grass height, which we know some schools also ignore), and also on the sheet the SEC sends out that outlines logo placement. But, no in-game penalty is assesed, as of now, so some teams continue to ignore the rule.

By the way, Florida State does have grren between their end zone logo and the endlines:

football_uf_warren_468.jpg

By the way, Florida State does have grren between their end zone logo and the endlines:

football_uf_warren_468.jpg

Now I am starting to doubt this rule more and more.

F442456.jpg

...like get pissed off about a topic on an internet message board.

If it's a rule, it's a rule.

If it's a rule that is ignored, and no consequences follow for breaking said rule, then it is not a rule, it is a suggestion.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

No, it's definitely a rule of the NCAA, I checked with our facilities people here to be sure. It's in a field maintainence guide produced by the NCAA (which also gives the guidelines for grass height, which we know some schools also ignore), and also on the sheet the SEC sends out that outlines logo placement. But, no in-game penalty is assesed, as of now, so some teams continue to ignore the rule.

From my reading, it is NOT a rule for 2008.

Rule 1, Section 2 (The Field), Article 1 Dimemsions, Subset e:

"Contrasting coloring the the end zones may abut any line"

Going back one to subset d: "White field markings or contrasting decorative markings (e.g. logos, team names, emblems, events, etc.) are permissible in the endzones but shall not be closer than four feet to any line."

...like get pissed off about a topic on an internet message board.

If it's a rule, it's a rule.

If it's a rule that is ignored, and no consequences follow for breaking said rule, then it is not a rule, it is a suggestion.

BINGO

Beside,

aa05.jpg

Ohio%20State%20Endzone.jpg

4r9osi5k.jpg

IMG_2963.JPG

LSU-Tigers-Print-C12176592.jpeg

t1_white.jpg

challenger_TD.jpg

There are many more. If it were a real rule then universities wouldn't break it so much.

as for striped-lines in the endzones...once the marlins' home schedule is over, dolphin stadium is supposedly going to striped endzones now that the Fins and the Canes will be sharing the field. from what i understand there will not be a generic 'miami' in one endzone a la pittsburgh

everton.png

as for striped-lines in the endzones...once the marlins' home schedule is over, dolphin stadium is supposedly going to striped endzones now that the Fins and the Canes will be sharing the field. from what i understand there will not be a generic 'miami' in one endzone a la pittsburgh

that sucks,what about the 50 yd line,IMO the more logos on the field the better, heck the only thing that bothers me about the CFL is that teams play on generic looking fields,execpt for the riders

yoo3.png

as for the 50--they had initially announced that there would be nothing on the field...UM fans called the AD and complained a TON about not having the "U" logo on the 50...and it actually worked. they are growing a patch of grass with the logo painted on it...and will bring it in specially for UM games, then remove it on Sundays. kinda cool that they listened (and that miami will have its logo on the field)...btw, the acc logos are painted on the sidelines, to the sides of the team benches...

everton.png

Archived