Calgary Flames 3rd Jersey/Secondary Logo (Updated)

originaldave77

Heres a Flames 3rd Jersey logo I designed for fun. It's a Firefighter theme. I only made a secondary logo as the Flaming 'C' is too hard to replace! I didn't like the sneezing horse they had as a 3rd jersey a few years back! Without further ado:

Firemen.jpg

Late addition!

Flames2.jpg

And I thought I'd have this guy model the look:

Flameskate.jpg

Keep this discussion fun, do not grafitti my art please! Thanks!

And for all you Canuck fans:

BodyCheck2.jpg

The Ultimate! The Firefighter helmet is red!

ZamboniDave.jpg

At first when the image was loading my first thought was "Yuck!". Then when I saw the final products I realized where you were going with it.

Though it's not quite what the nickname means (of course, moving to Calgary pretty much ruined the meaning), but it works well with hockey. This idea probably couldn't work that well with the Chicago Fire with short sleeves.

One thing, the '89 seems a bit pretentious. (For the record I absolutely hated the four stripes on the Islanders jerseys a while back.)

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Slick! The top right is my fave and if they had the same type of reflective tape as they do on the turn out coats they would be over the top great! The shoulder logo is really slick too. Is the G anything though? Perhaps making it a spanner or more spanner like.

I like the design of the Sharks I just don't get the plane. I think it would make a much better Flyers logo though.

Anyway good stuff!

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

you mothercanucker! sharks rule!

Heres something for the Sharks fan too:

cloudless2.jpg

cloudless.jpg

Cute, but to be honest, the first think I saw in the nose of the plane was a swastika. I see what it really is (S and J), but maybe that styling isn't the best place for those initials.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Slick! The top right is my fave and if they had the same type of reflective tape as they do on the turn out coats they would be over the top great! The shoulder logo is really slick too. Is the G anything though? Perhaps making it a spanner or more spanner like.

I like the design of the Sharks I just don't get the plane. I think it would make a much better Flyers logo though.

Anyway good stuff!

Thanks! The 'G' is the middle of CGY, Calgary's abbreviation. The C is a horseshoe, and the Y is a bull head. I couldn't think of anything for the 'G', but it encircles the puck!

The Sharks is just for something cool, as many WWII era planes had a shark painted on the front of the plane.

I'll try to fix the unintended Swastika-ish look, sorry if it offended anyone!!!

Anyway good stuff!

Thanks! The 'G' is the middle of CGY, Calgary's abbreviation. The C is a horseshoe, and the Y is a bull head. I couldn't think of anything for the 'G', but it encircles the puck!

The Sharks is just for something cool, as many WWII era planes had a shark painted on the front of the plane.

I'll try to fix the unintended Swastika-ish look, sorry if it offended anyone!!!

Yea I got that part. I just didn't know if you were trying to make it something else as well. You could make it a spanner with a tweak.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Anyway good stuff!

Yea I got that part. I just didn't know if you were trying to make it something else as well. You could make it a spanner with a tweak.

Probably a dumb question, but what is a 'spanner'? :s

you mothercanucker! sharks rule!

Heres something for the Sharks fan too:

cloudless2.jpg

cloudless.jpg

I'm so sure! Yeah a propeller on a shark's schnozz!!?? Right!

Let's put the Canucks whale on a bicycle while we're at it... and then we can show a Senator standing by a washing machine while his toga's getting clean... and how about one with N'Sync wearing Blue Jackets for C'Bus!!

Salvatore Dali has invaded our forum!

Sorry to rain on the happiness parade, but these designs have some major issues. First, and most obvious, the jerseys. I don't understand what you are trying to do, there are like 10 different jerseys, and brown(ish) and silver aren't even in the Flame's color scheme. Also, some of the jerseys use 2 of the Flame's colors, but not all, like the yellow with black accents, but not red. I would settle on one jersey design and make a presentation based off of that. Also, the numbers are terrible. Stencil doesn't work, go with a simple block font. Or even there current angled font. For the logo, the idea is there, but it is a little too busy for my tastes. Like, the C, G, and Y all do different things, the Saddledome is kind of random, and the 89 seems out of place, especially with the yellow outline. I do like the idea of the fireman badge and I like the individual ideas of each element. But together is seems to be a mess.

The Sharks is a very good idea and is well executed. But, airplanes are not part of the Sharks identity and probably never will be. I think the firemans badge is a good idea for an addition to the Flames scheme, but modern airplanes don't work for the "underwater" theme the Sharks have. I happen to love the uniform design. Some more white in the striping would make the gray pop more, I think.

Overall, you definitely have a lot of potential and creativity. I always love creative stuff. Looking forward to more stuff from you in the future!

Sorry to rain on the happiness parade, but these designs have some major issues. First, and most obvious, the jerseys. I don't understand what you are trying to do, there are like 10 different jerseys, and brown(ish) and silver aren't even in the Flame's color scheme. Also, some of the jerseys use 2 of the Flame's colors, but not all, like the yellow with black accents, but not red. I would settle on one jersey design and make a presentation based off of that. Also, the numbers are terrible. Stencil doesn't work, go with a simple block font. Or even there current angled font. For the logo, the idea is there, but it is a little too busy for my tastes. Like, the C, G, and Y all do different things, the Saddledome is kind of random, and the 89 seems out of place, especially with the yellow outline. I do like the idea of the fireman badge and I like the individual ideas of each element. But together is seems to be a mess.

The Sharks is a very good idea and is well executed. But, airplanes are not part of the Sharks identity and probably never will be. I think the firemans badge is a good idea for an addition to the Flames scheme, but modern airplanes don't work for the "underwater" theme the Sharks have. I happen to love the uniform design. Some more white in the striping would make the gray pop more, I think.

Overall, you definitely have a lot of potential and creativity. I always love creative stuff. Looking forward to more stuff from you in the future!

The Flames is a Firefighter concept, for the uninitiated. And the assortment of colour schemes are used by firefighters (or are variants of), and that means including brown and silver. The Fire Dept shield is supposed to be busy and inclusive of many elements. It works as a patch and for the Zamboni! :)

I'm so sure! Yeah a propeller on a shark's schnozz!!?? Right!

Let's put the Canucks whale on a bicycle while we're at it... and then we can show a Senator standing by a washing machine while his toga's getting clean... and how about one with N'Sync wearing Blue Jackets for C'Bus!!

Salvatore Dali has invaded our forum!

You're not the least bit bright, are you? And it is spelled Salvador Dali

28-1288a.jpg

I almost went this route with my alternate for my flames redesign a little while back. I think the shoulder logo is too busy, and the stencil font should be substituted for their usual one, but everything else looks good. I would go with either the Yellow or the top right Black one.

Archived