Cyclones Baseball Concept

jaha32

Thanks man. I am actually an ISU fan too. Went to 2 football games there in the mid 90's and have been a fan ever since.

That 3rd on a football helmet would have been the perfect replacement to the bird in a blender. Plus the sports specific logo possibilities with the various ball designs behind the C would be endless.

Haha. I never thought of it like that. "Bird in a Blender" but I do like that logo. I dont what the significants of the bird is to a cyclone. the old one was good i thought and the updated one that they must use as an secondary or something this year is even better. but to each his own

It's not significant. Iowa just has a lot of birds of prey. It was a better hawk likeness than the Struttin' Chicken logo that preceded it, though. The I-State needs to die.

Iowa: The Cyclone State.

• 1 month later...
So while Im in the process of cleaning up the Sixshooters logo I posted a few days ago, I figured I'd post this logo in the meantime. Cyclones/Twisters/Tornados/Dusters logos have all been done before but I wanted to give myself a try at it. I was thinking Oklahoma City Cyclones has a good ring to it, especially if they can get an NBA team, why not a baseball team. I didnt do anything with OKC for the caps and helmets yet since it really could be used for any city. I also added off-white since I love it when baseball teams have that (like the Giants and Phillies uniforms).

So let me know what you think.

Thanks,

jaha32

CyclonesJPG.jpg

A Very Good Job. Cyclones, like Hurricanes and other storm related names can be difficult to do, but this one is well done.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

• 3 months later...

I've attempted a cyclone/tornado logo many times in the past. I think you nailed it. Also, I've seen one other logo that tried to incorporate the "C" into the cyclone, and I think your execution far surpasses it. Classy look for a baseball team.

I have seen that logo before. Did you post that on cephasjames website?

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/cephasjames/?start=96

It's under the C logos section.

It looks like those are mostly stolen. I see some other concepts from the forums on there. I actually see something of mine on there (which was just a cheap recolor of the Milwaukee Bucks logo anyway); I also recognize AAO's, Discrimihater's, and andrewharrington's works.

It looks like those are mostly stolen. I see some other concepts from the forums on there.

A lot.

It looks like those are mostly stolen. I see some other concepts from the forums on there. I actually see something of mine on there (which was just a cheap recolor of the Milwaukee Bucks logo anyway); I also recognize AAO's, Discrimihater's, and andrewharrington's works.

Even has the KFC logo on there...

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived