Question about UConn's shoulder stripes.

sacker12

I'd like to see some red in there. Am I missing something? Is red a basketball only thing? I dont like that the helmets are blue/white, the jerseys are blue/white/silver and the pants are silver/blue. a grey facemask would help out. as would changing the thin pant stripe, thin shoulder stripe, and helmet logo inline to red.

All of my research has shown no red as an official color. does anybody know the reason why the hoops team uses it? basketball is certainly what theyre best known for, so why use false colors on your bread and butter? still think there should be either a grey mask, or white pants!

It varies. The stripes stretch when the jersey is over the pads. Normally they are at 1 inch at the top and about 1.5-2 near the armhole, but over the shoulder pads they can be a lot more.

Examples:

andre.jpg2.jpg

Count me among those who love this look.

It's fresh, but doesn't do too too much, IMO. Also, bonus ponts for unique typography (that's one of my key sticking points, as most of y'all know). Uniquess is found in the fact that the wordmark is arched--probably done omre out of necessity, but a nice effect nonetheless. (I am ALSO glas they close to emphasize the WHOLE NAME OF THE STATE for the football squad rather than the short form UConn...which immeidately conjures up thoughts and images of the basketball team. In my mind, all those points alone, plus the fact that Connecticut football is relatively new to the national stage--and has had some pretty big wins to help their visibility--adds to my first sentence.

On a whole 'nother note...the simple fact that USC's shoulder wraps do not match their pants stripes should AUTOMATICALLY disqualify them from ANY future inclusion in a "best uniform" discussion. Add to that a damn-near indistinguishable helmet logo and my case point for my argument becomes even more visible. Colors may be nice...but those two mismatched elements I mentioned earlier--actually all three points--are an automatic disqualifier for me. I only mention this because I've seenand heard so many people say USC's look is among the best in all of college football. It really isn't, if you ask me. Penn State? Purists and traditionalists may love it...but to me, it looks more like a football practice uniform...entirely too plain even for my tastes--and sometimes I tend to skew conservative when it comes to uniform design (as many have found out). I'll give you OSU...that one just works. And the U. of Florida--tough since I'm a die-hard Seminole, who themselves have one of the better looks in all of NCAA football, I believe--is definitely up there at the top of the list somewhere.

Okay...rant over. Sorry. Back to the discussion on Connecticut's uniforms here... :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Gonzalez.jpg

My sister in law plays for the field hockey team and they use red as well on the home, but no red on the away (blue). It seems to be the case with a good deal of the sports I see on campus. They used to be blue, white and red on all sports, but when Aeropostale developed the football uniforms and the C logo it seemed like they all started to transition over. That's when the new Husky mark was insitituted and then Nike took over and gave them the Maryland template with some of the Aeropostale stuff carried over (numbers, curved connecticut over the numbers) and then the "C" went from a football only thing to being on all of their stuff. But the red is still present here or there on campus.

They also use "Connecticut" rather than Uconn because when the Patriots screwed CT on moving here, they wanted to develop the college program for the whole state to embrace and they thought spelling it out would help more.

Archived