Question about UConn's shoulder stripes.

sacker12

Best uniform in all of NCAA - I just love it.

Really?! :huh:

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I'm with BBTV. If not the best, definitely Top 5 material. A perfect example of how a modern uniform can be done right.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Better than USC, Ohio State, Penn State, Alabama?

Not even in the same league...

In my opinion, it's the best. I love the arched letters, the silver/gray, the number font, the C on the helmet and on the neckline, and... well everything else. IMO, it is everything that a contemporary college-football uniform should be.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm with BBTV. If not the best, definitely Top 5 material. A perfect example of how a modern uniform can be done right.

Okay, a modern uniform, yes. But I just don't think that it can compare to, say, Ohio State.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

What makes this

76593719.jpg

so much better than this?

32577442.jpg

It is definitely more recognizable, but I don't find it more aesthetically pleasing. Obviously Ohio State has a more classic uniform than Connecticutt, and they have changed less than the Huskies throughout the years. If you had never seen a college football game before, and these two teams were playing, one could make a case that many would pick the Huskies' set over the OSU set.

Helmet: edge UCONN

Jersey: edge UCONN

Pants: edge Ohio State

buffalo_sig.png

I'll tell you why Ohio State's is better than UConn's. Because UConn squeezes everything on to the jersey that's possible. It's way too busy with the wide then thin shoulder strips, the stripe at the bottom of the sleeve with the number on the sleeve. Throw on top of that the Connecticut that arches all the way across the front above the number and below the neck "c" logo. And then you have the Big East logo and Nike logo on the jersey and the jersey alone is way too cluttered, throw on top of that the modern pants striping and it's an okay at best uniform. If they got rid of the conference logo, the arched Connecticut, the neck "c" logo, and the numbers on the sleeves, then it would be a very good jersey. Right now it's just a bunch of clutter, and that's why it's bad. Less is more.

Archived