Las Vegas Blue Chips

Krona

The idea popped into my head over on the logo forum. Blue Jays/Blue Chips, Blue Chips/Las Vegas, Blue Chips/AAA Prospects. A match made in heaven right. Below are my first draft of Home, Road, Sunday Alt, and Retro Night Alt, along with BP jerseys, all with a nod to the parent club. Enjoy. C&C appreciated:Las-Vegas-Blue-Chips-Unis.jpg

Even though it has a gambling connotation, I like this set. It is well done and I think it borrows nicely from the parent club while still allowing the affiliate to have some of its own identity. Now only if the Jays were gonna stay in Las Vegas past 2010.

HumanitarianBowl.png

I absolutely LOVE the name "Blue Chips" for a minor league baseball team. The fact that it's based in Vegas only makes it that much better. Honestly, it's such a good name that I can't believe it hasn't been done already.

I'm not in love with the uniforms, specifically the wordmark. Using the split letters to pay homage to the Jays is a really nice touch, but the font chosen just seems a little word-art ish, for lack of a better word.

I also think that despite the fact that it's a Blue Jays affiliate, it's still Vegas, and there really needs to be another color in there. I'm thinking gold. Not much, but just enough to add some glamor or dazzle to the set.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I absolutely LOVE the name "Blue Chips" for a minor league baseball team. The fact that it's based in Vegas only makes it that much better. Honestly, it's such a good name that I can't believe it hasn't been done already.

I'm not in love with the uniforms, specifically the wordmark. Using the split letters to pay homage to the Jays is a really nice touch, but the font chosen just seems a little word-art ish, for lack of a better word.

I also think that despite the fact that it's a Blue Jays affiliate, it's still Vegas, and there really needs to be another color in there. I'm thinking gold. Not much, but just enough to add some glamor or dazzle to the set.

The uniforms need some work, for certain. I threw it all together in about an hour. ive already gone back and thickened the lettering a bit, and may change the B in blue chips to something a bit more tame, as well as adding a sleeve secondary that says vegas a bit more without being too busy. as for another color i was also thinking about a yellow gold, possibly a splash of red(Jays), or even a tiny bit of orange. thanks for the comments guys. its off to work now, but i'll make some additions tonight.

The thing I don't like about this is the wordmark. It doesn't work for me for some reason. I think the "B" in it reminds me too much of the Blues "B" in one of their logos or maybe someone else's concept. I love the chip, and the idea is solid as you've pulled it off, how to tweak it, I'm not sure. I had my reservations on this whole idea of Blue Chips, but you've convinced me that it can work!

I love Vegas, so anytime I see "Las Vegas" in Concepts, I have to take a peek. And I must say, you have a very nice start. I'd thicken the wordmarks and make the "LV" more pronounced inside the chip. The name does work very well, and for the sake of tying everything together, I'd use the graphite as a secondary color to bolden the overall look.

Cards.png

Archived