Pittsburgh Penguins Uniform Concept

crkraider22

Seeing how popular their Winter Classic Jerseys are I wanted to use blue in their jerseys but keep the newer skating penguin logo. I also got rid of the gold because I feel that it doesn't fit the team as well as blue would. I would like to thank GFB for the template.

PittsburghAwayRemake.png

C&C please.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Interesting...but Pittsburgh needs the gold, bar none. Or a return to the goldenrod yellow they had before, that might look pretty sharp incorporated in this kit somehow. Good start.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

A few things.

Make the blue lighter then it is, like Winter Classic blue. And change the black for yellow. The font kind of bugs me but oh well.

I think those few changes and your first concept will be a success!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Blue is fine and dandy, but it does not belong in the logo.

The point of the gold triangle is to represent Pittsburgh's "Golden Triangle", where the three rivers meet.

So, to make it blue just removes whatever meaning this logo actually has.

I dont like it.

1. The pens logo should never be anything but gold (or the overall look for that matter). The city is called the "Golden Triangle", hence the....golden triangle. That, and black and gold are the official city colors, and have always been used (except by the pens in the dual blue days, of course). Even their vegas gold will work here, despite my dislike for it for different reasons.

2. Blue and black is not a good scheme for the pens. A team that already has the same jerseys as the Lightning, I doubt would want to change to a different jersey...but the same colors as the Lightning.

3. The dark blue and black are too close.

4. The hem stripes are too thin.

5. The numbers and letters are too rounded and generic.

6. RBK should never have put the size tags on the replicas, and you should never have put them on a concept of an on-ice uniform.

7. The crest logo is a tad too big.

8. You might want to show the sides of the pants somehow, even if that involves using a new template. Nothing much ever goes on in the front of hockey pants design wise, so its not a wise choice only to feature it. Also, put something on the pants. Plain black works with some designs, but not this one.

I do like your move back to the old sleeve designs, but thats where the improvements stop. Everything else is a definate downgrade.

oBIgzrL.png

• 1 month later...
Seeing how popular their Winter Classic Jerseys are I wanted to use blue in their jerseys but keep the newer skating penguin logo. I also got rid of the gold because I feel that it doesn't fit the team as well as blue would. I would like to thank GFB for the template.

PittsburghAwayRemake.png

C&C please.

Nice concept. I agree with some of the others, gold needs to be in there. It is such a trademark of the Penguin franchise and the area of Pennsylvania.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Huum, as someone's who's always loved the Pens Unis, all but one... guess which one???

I understand where you're going with this, but it's not original enough for me to warrant the change.

It's too close to their 1977-79 uniform (one of my favourite)

I'm also surprised that no one brought up the origins of the BLUE for the Pens:

pittsburghcitycoator9.th.pngthpix.gif

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Huum, as someone's who's always loved the Pens Unis, all but one... guess which one???

I understand where you're going with this, but it's not original enough for me to warrant the change.

It's too close to their 1977-79 uniform (one of my favourite)

I'm also surprised that no one brought up the origins of the BLUE for the Pens:

pittsburghcitycoator9.th.pngthpix.gif

... actually, the blue pretty much came out of nowhere. Its a bit of a stretch saying it came from the city crest, and Ive never heard or read of it coming from there.

oBIgzrL.png

PittsburghAwayRemake.png

C&C please.

Nice concept. I agree with some of the others, gold needs to be in there. It is such a trademark of the Penguin franchise and the area of Pennsylvania.

Man you are a TOOL!!! STOP BUMPING OLD THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Make the blue lighter then it is, like Winter Classic blue

I really like your concept - I agree with the blue being a Carolina blue, lighter, like their throwbacks.

The concept is solid, I like it a lot.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived