Wafflebowl I

Waffles

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we vote on this, can we do a top five rank type thing?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I say we go poll. I dont like the idea of having one person dictate who wins or loses.

if we have a tie of more then two people after the poll closes, then we go to another poll with just the people who tied. that way we get a definite winner.

if its two people who tie I say we just call it as such.

just my thoughts. thats all

I didn't mean ONE person rank them, i mean, we each give our own top 5, and points are assigned.

Cause, while a lot of you guys didnt like my concept, I think im worth a couple points, and i'd like to see 'em.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Yeah, I think someone was misunderstood. The debate I meant to start was Poll vs. Individual Top-5's. Sounds like people want Individual Top-5's, which is gravy with me.

It also sounds like people want multiple submitters to whittle down their entries to one. So be it. If you entered more than one, either PM me or post which one you want to be considered.

I guess I misunderstood. I was thinking we were discussing something along the line of the Iron Crossover/Discrimibattle manic march tiebreaker. Im not too hot on the "judging" method. Id rather have multiple viewers input on a winner.

if we are talking top 5 with points, then that would be cool, as Ive used this method before for Iron Crossover. the one problem I have with it is the participants of the challenge casting votes for themselves. While Im positive its happened and going to continue to happen via traditional polls, there is no way we could control it on there. However if we are gonna do a points system with everyone posting thier top 5, then we should make it clear that the voters who submitted a concept to the challenge should not vote for themself. I just feel its the honest thing to do thats all. I understand everyone wants to win and everyone would like to think that his or her own concept is the best of the bunch, who doesnt? But lets win honestly here.

Ill step off this soapbox now.

Archived