Wafflebowl I

Waffles

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, I finally post my concepts and the thread takes a huge left hand turn. :cursing:

In an effort to get back onto the concepts themselves...

I give you the lads from across the river and from the south side of Minneapolis, proudly wearing their adidas...

The Minneapolis Town Football Club Eagles!

The home and away are things I just came up with on my own, and the third is based on an old Crystal Palace away jersey from the early 90's.

mtfc-h.jpgmtfc-a.jpg

mtfc-t.jpg

Comments?

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Since I'm so bad at editing myself and really embraced this challenge, I had to come up with another squad to handle the rest of my ideas.

So, from the working class north side of Minneapolis, decked out in their Umbro gear, I bring you The Minneapolis Athletic Football Club.

The home jersey is actually based on a rugby shirt I own and the colors reminded me of Crystal Palace's home colors. I'd already done the vertical stripes for St. Paul, so horzontal it was.

The away jersey started out as black with white stripes because it was based on my car, which is black with white racing stripes, but I liked the red better as it looked more sinister. Chelsea also used two vertical stripes on their away jerseys recently so that was an influence.

The third jersey is in the colors of the University of Minnesota and the pattern was inspired by Ajax of Amsterdam, Holland, although my center color stripe is wider.

mafc-h.jpgmafc-a.jpg

mafc-t.jpg

I hope you liked my ideas. I hadn't made any concepts in some time so I kind of got on a roll and just wanted to share them with you. I'm open to your comments and would appreciate hearing what you like and what you would change.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'm down with the "one person, one entry" idea. It means I don't have to play catch-up with Jeff. :P

By the way, Jeff, I'm really liking your stuff. Athletic's home kit is rather unique.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

i present you with Lone Star Football Club, of Dallas, Texas... AKA, the Dallas Rovers.

the colors are green and blue, which are the colors of the city of dallas. the crest is a texas yellow rose in front of a lone star, on a sky blue crest. my favorite soccer team is the blackburn rovers, so i used their rose as a base, and changed the colors, since a yellow rose is very important to texas heritage.

i think it's more consistent than MOST european teams, but still feels pretty european influenced.

the sponsor is TXU... i don't even know if they have TXU anywhere but texas, so if you guys have never heard of it, it's an electrical company... i was going to use dr. pepper or whataburger, 2 other big texas companies, but as pathetic as it sounds, i ditched those logos because they clashed with the color scheme of my team :) (dr. pepper's red and maroon, and whataburger's hideous tennessee orange)

without further adieu, GO ROVERS :)

lonestarFCunis.jpg

I promise I'm done submitting anything else. :rolleyes:

JeffB

apparently and Englishman born in an American body

HansonsSig.jpg

Here are the kits for the Philadelphia United. They're sponsor is Mitchell and Ness, a Philadelphia sports company. Seemed like a perfect match. I was down at M&N's store on Friday and they had a little bit of soccer stuff. Also, M&N makes the uniforms, which isn't unrealistic. They designed and make the uniforms for the Philadelphia Soul, Philly's new Arena Football team.) The inspiration for the away kit is the old-time powder blue Phillies away uniforms. That's why I changed the colors.

This is my first attempt at something like this, so bear with me. They're all a little plain, especially the home kit. I wanted to put a diagonal stripe from right shoulder to left side like the FC Barcelona third jersey, but I wanted the stripe to be just blue. I use Photoshop, and other than trying to paint a straight line, which is never straight, I didn't know how to get a stripe. Same with the stripes on the away jersey. I painted them on the top of the jersey, so they're not really straight. I would appreciate any tips or help.

home.gif

away.gif

third.gif

OK. Here's an update to my previous home jersey. I think that it's better. I would really appreciate any critiques. I felt that the plain jersey was just too plain. I like the stripe ala. FC Barcelona. (I'm sure that there's other teams with the stripes, I just know this one.)

I know that the stripe loses it's effect with the white around the M&N logo, but when I tried to make the logo script white so that I could remove the box it looked like trash. I just got another idea, so maybe I'll post another update after I get this damn paper done for Philosophy.

Here it goes:

Home2.gif

I hate to keep posting, but I isolated M&N's logo in white. This gives the stripe more of an effect. It also makes it so my home and away have more of a 2-dimensional M&N logo, and then the logo on the 3rd looks more 3-d and modern. I really didn't have a goal to make it like that, but I kind of like it now that it happened.

Any thoughts?

Homegood.gif

Archived