NFL Quick Fix Series

eRay

Looking through the "NFL Vector" packages I downloaded off that screensaver site(forgot the address) I noticed the handy little uniform illustrations in each teams file. I started thinking to myself how amazing some teams could look if they just made some common sense tweaks to their uniforms. I went through the league trying to find 5 teams that I could give a quick fix to, and hopefully improve their look. I chose some teams that have glaring mistakes IMO, and some that just needed a little something to make the whole package work better. I set up each teams current uniforms in an illustrator file and started timing myself. I gave myself 30 minutes for the whole project, so about 6 minutes per team, and 3 minutes per jersey pairing. I finished with a little more than a minute to spare. Now I present to you my Quick Fixes to help the NFL look better. Remember, I based these off the actual uniforms, just re-colored parts or removed parts, and did not change any logos. These are not original concepts, just alterations to current designs.

First up, the Buffalo Bills

The Bills made the list because of their additions of Nickel and Navy, and their awkward coloring on their uniforms. I got them back to Royal, Red, and White, and simplified their current look.

BillsQF.png

Next up, the Denver Broncos

I chose the Broncs because they have three different sets of pants, and some jerseys only work with one set of pants. Just tried to make the whole look work together. Pants can now be mixed and matched. Orange being a bigger part of the look is a nod back to when Orange was their primary color.

BroncosQF.png

Now we have the Detroit Lions

The Lions are here because of their addition of Black into their color-scheme. I just wanted to show some of you that they can still look good without it. They look much simpler now also.

LionsQF.png

The final 2 are coming in a second.

I bring to you the St. Louis Rams

I knew from the start the Rams had to make the list. They have a good look, but they are muddling it up with White and Navy pants, and I have always disliked their Navy sleeves on their White jerseys. Just tried to make them look good and maintain a nice clean look in White or Navy.

RamsQF.png

Lastly, the Tennessee Titans

I threw the Titans in here because they have gone too crazy with their color combos IMO. I chose to keep them simple using White and Light Blue as primary colors and keeping Navy as an accent, and Red and Silver only in the logos. I think these hint at the old Oilers look, but keep them modern at the same time. I tried to make each combo match with the White helmet better. I hate it when their helmet is the only White thing they are wearing and it looks out of place.

TitansQF.png

Hope these are good for what they are, and credit on the jersey illustrations go straight to that screensaver website that I cannot seem to find right now. These are just my takes on how some teams could clean up their looks. C&C...

This is embarrassing to the NFL. In 30 minutes you vastly improved looks that probably took hours and hours to cultivate.

Each of these is a major upgrade, especially the Bills.

Personally... Im a fan of the Bills navy blue. I think it looks sweet!

Just my opinion...

hshelmetcreator

ohiostate.pngclevelandbrowns.png

I think Broncos pants look funny now that you flipped the pants stripe and it goes the opposite direction of the stripe on the jersey.

I didn't flip anything. The points are in the front, just like on the jersey. All I did was make them orange on both pants and both jerseys

Archived