Previous Celtics logo

chakfu

The full color version was created in 1995-96 for the 50th anniversary of the club. Before that only the 1- or 2-color versions were used.

ColorWerx, the 2-color version you posted is close, but the actual logo has black rules on the inside and outside of the ring too. And his pants, hat and shoes should be black. It looks like the B&W version was re-colored.

I like the old-school non-perfect text. Gives it a nice tie to the tradition of the team, although the lettering is a bit too close to the edge.

Prim_2and1color_500.jpg

SnapHookSig_435x108.jpg

The full color version was created in 1995-96 for the 50th anniversary of the club. Before that only the 1- or 2-color versions were used.

ColorWerx, the 2-color version you posted is close, but the actual logo has black rules on the inside and outside of the ring too. And his pants, hat and shoes should be black. It looks like the B&W version was re-colored.

I like the old-school non-perfect text. Gives it a nice tie to the tradition of the team, although the lettering is a bit too close to the edge.

Prim_2and1color_500.jpg

Really? Hmmm...could be. I'll look into it. You could be right though.

Prim_2and1color_500.jpg

Really? Hmmm...could be. I'll look into it. You could be right though.

Here's a picture of the old center court logo:

Boston%20garden%20Parquet.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I always thought it was SUPPOSED to have the Black outlines in it:

BostonCeltics_PRM_1950-1996_SOL_SRG.gif

This one here was created from an official vector file.

Yeah that's what I meant...I wondered why this one you posted wasn't on the site and the purely green and white one was.

I don't quite follow what SnapHook is saying with that green/black/white version that has the hat and shoes colored in black; but I'm very confident that the one ColorWerx posted is what I grew up with.

How nice to see a pic of the old center logo! I recolored that one once and manually squeezed the letters together to make that artwork for the Boston Garden on NBA Live.

• 2 weeks later...
I always thought it was SUPPOSED to have the Black outlines in it:

BostonCeltics_PRM_1950-1996_SOL_SRG.gif

This one here was created from an official vector file.

Bumpin' this one...

My father-in-law just sent me an old Celtics pennant he's had in his basement...it's an official licensed product, and I asked him for it (long story, but I actually only asked for a picture of it, and got the actual item instead) and what I'll say is that the logo on this thing is almost identical to the logo I posted.

The only real difference is the text - the font looks a bit cleaner, and the "S" in Celtics in particular looks quite a bit different. Could be something that got changed slightly when the NBA translated the logo to vector.

AND...I actually forgot (somehow) that I have a 1976 Celtics official Logosheet. The logo on this sheet looks identical to the one I posted.

ColorWerx I think you're right about the 2-color logo looking like that back in the day. The extra black must have been added when logos went to vectors. The current logo sheet for the primary is below.

It would be great to see that 1976 logo slick - any chance you could scan and post it?

Prim_all_800.jpg

SnapHookSig_435x108.jpg

My father-in-law just sent me an old Celtics pennant he's had in his basement...it's an official licensed product, and I asked him for it (long story, but I actually only asked for a picture of it, and got the actual item instead) and what I'll say is that the logo on this thing is almost identical to the logo I posted.

The only real difference is the text - the font looks a bit cleaner, and the "S" in Celtics in particular looks quite a bit different. Could be something that got changed slightly when the NBA translated the logo to vector.

AND...I actually forgot (somehow) that I have a 1976 Celtics official Logosheet. The logo on this sheet looks identical to the one I posted.

Yeah, see, I was always puzzled by the controversy here. I have a pennant from around 1989 or so which has that, and if you look at basketball cards from the early '90s I'm pretty sure they have the logo you posted.

Archived