Anaheim Ducks

Atlanta Thrashers

St. Louis Blues

Florida Panthers

Ottawa Senators

Carolina Hurricanes

Tampa Bay Lightning

Phoenix Coyotes

I feel that in the past (especially with that awful jersey), the Islanders have tried to emphasize orange too much. Bad idea. The orange looks great when it complements the blue and the Islanders never should have tried to change that.

I got rid of that shoulder patch with the four lines symbolizing the Islanders' four Stanley Cups. I am not a fan of a logo like that because it will have to be changed if the team wins another Stanley Cup. It is not like the old Edmonton Oilers alternate logo with the five gears symbolizing their five Stanley Cups. That Oilers logo could still make sense with five gears and more than five Oilers Stanley Cups.

So to sum this concept up, orange is toned down and the shoulder patch is gone.

Home uniform:

NYIslandersHome.png

Away Uniform:

NYIslandersAway.png

I like the simplicity of this concept. It works well for a middle-aged team like the Isles. I do have a couple issues:

1. The outline of the yoke on the blue sweater should be orange. A white one looks bland and doesn't match the white sweater.

2. On the blue uniform, the striping pattern on the sleeves and socks don't match. The sleeves and waist hem are orange-white-blue, while the socks are orange-blue-white.

And the Isles aren't winning a Cup anytime in the near future, so I wouldn't worry about that logo becoming obsolete.

Still, a very simple, yet nice-looking design.

Overall I like these and think they are better than what the team is currently wearing. I especially like the road uniform. I don't like the shoulder yoke on the home uniform though. One of the things that bothers me most about the current uniform is that they have these outlines on the shoulder yoke but the yoke isn't filled in or anything. You remedied that on the home jersey but not the road one. I'd rather see it either filled in with orange (I know you were trying to minimize the orange though) or the white outline eliminate entirely. Good job, its a pretty nice look.

mets.png

I like the simplicity of this concept. It works well for a middle-aged team like the Isles. I do have a couple issues:

1. The outline of the yoke on the blue sweater should be orange. A white one looks bland and doesn't match the white sweater.

2. On the blue uniform, the striping pattern on the sleeves and socks don't match. The sleeves and waist hem are orange-white-blue, while the socks are orange-blue-white.

And the Isles aren't winning a Cup anytime in the near future, so I wouldn't worry about that logo becoming obsolete.

Yeah, I'll change it to orange eventually; it is probably better that way anyhow now that I look at it.

Either way with the stripe logo, theoretically it should become obsolete some day (unless you might be the Cubs); therefore, I ditched it.

Overall I like these and think they are better than what the team is currently wearing. I especially like the road uniform. I don't like the shoulder yoke on the home uniform though. One of the things that bothers me most about the current uniform is that they have these outlines on the shoulder yoke but the yoke isn't filled in or anything. You remedied that on the home jersey but not the road one. I'd rather see it either filled in with orange (I know you were trying to minimize the orange though) or the white outline eliminate entirely. Good job, its a pretty nice look.

Yeah, I think changing the shoulder yoke piping from white to orange would be the way to go after taking some constructive criticism.

Thanks for the replies, y'all.

Yeah, I'll change it to orange eventually; it is probably better that way anyhow now that I look at it.

Either way with the stripe logo, theoretically it should become obsolete some day (unless you might be the Cubs); therefore, I ditched it.

Yeah, I think changing the shoulder yoke piping from white to orange would be the way to go after taking some constructive criticism.

Thanks for the replies, y'all.

overall decent concept my only issue is that it reminds me too much of the edmonton oilers. this type of concept works for the oilers but for the islanders it looks like a knockoff.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived