Personal logo

chestnutz

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And here comes, davidson, ruining the day for everybody :P

That looks pretty good. But something about it is just off to me, like it loses the symmetry it had in the square. Plus, it looks a lot like your own logo IMO.

Another idea I had was to make the "e" more prominent in that design, then next to it make an "A" out of triangles, then a "C" out of a circle (my full initials, EAC). But I think it's best for the one simple shape.

Again, if anyone has some ideas for a font to use (FREE, I'm only in high school!) please suggest one. That's the thing I'm worst at, is picking a font and using it correctly. I was thinking of making the text diagonal right below the bottom right of the logo.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

And here comes, davidson, ruining the day for everybody :P

That looks pretty good. But something about it is just off to me, like it loses the symmetry it had in the square. Plus, it looks a lot like your own logo IMO.

Another idea I had was to make the "e" more prominent in that design, then next to it make an "A" out of triangles, then a "C" out of a circle (my full initials, EAC). But I think it's best for the one simple shape.

Again, if anyone has some ideas for a font to use (FREE, I'm only in high school!) please suggest one. That's the thing I'm worst at, is picking a font and using it correctly. I was thinking of making the text diagonal right below the bottom right of the logo.

I was going to say, even before either of your mockups, davidson you just want it to be like your own logo. :D But I agree, the square works better for me in the end.

This has grown on me since last night, while I still think the C is a little too subdued. But, I don't know how else you could fix that. I think staying away from the A thing would be best, myself, but I don't quite understand what you mean.

The free font foundry I posted on the last page or the one before, exljbris, is just remarkable. Also, Smashing Magazine's free font posts are really helpful as well. Quality stuff, not just normal Dafont stuff. Are you just going to write your name?

I like those greens the best. I think with the sharp angles and close lines, you risk straining people's eyes. That's what happened to me, and I don't think I'm normally affected by stuff like that.

However, I'm looking at it on an HDTV, and maybe it's different on a proper PC monitor or stationery.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I like those greens the best. I think with the sharp angles and close lines, you risk straining people's eyes. That's what happened to me, and I don't think I'm normally affected by stuff like that.

However, I'm looking at it on an HDTV, and maybe it's different on a proper PC monitor or stationery.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

chestnutz6, I like what you have done with your personal logo. I have also struggled with my personal logo and seeing come together for you makes me want to go back to the drawing board. That's going to look cool on whatever concepts you post.

Yet another one...

I think this will be the final color set I'll use. I've always loved brown (one of my favorite colors) and I thought sand worked really well with it. I was going to use red/yellow/green, because those are the colors of Lithuania's flag (my heritage), but I couldn't find a good way to implement them. I might use Nordiques' idea of having different colors for different seasons. I plan on making a whole kind of packet-type thing, with tons of variations and uses.

Also, per davidson's suggestion, I went with a more conventional text placement, 2 variations.

EC-design-51.png

I'd go top left with these. It looks like the logo's pointing to your name, and I think the white pops better off the brown than the tan. I think you've got a winner there.

Archived