The 35-point Maple Leaf corrected

Neon_Matrix

As some of you may know, and others may not have noticed or even cared, one of the most beloved logos in sports history has been butchered as a modern reproduction. This logo I am referring to is known as the 35-point maple leaf which the Toronto Maple Leafs have been wearing on their alternate jerseys. While it is a beautiful logo (and the original is even more stunning) the modern reproduction looks a little... off...

Original logo

dave-keon.jpg

Reproduction

201.gif

Notice something a little off? Well, if you have not, in the new logo, for some inexplicable reason, the text, most noticeably 'TORONTO' is not only NOT centered but it is also unusually too far to the right of the logo. As you can tell from the original, it is all centered. To try and make sure I was not crazy, I went into photoshop and got the program to centre the text and this is the result.

35pointcentered.gif

While not perfect, it is at least more balanced. I don't know how no one picked up on this long ago and corrected it because it is still being used to this day and I happen to notice it ALL THE TIME. I tried my hand at trying to adjust the positioning by eye and the result is not perfect, but the text looks more evenly spaced although the top, centre vein does not align over the 'O' like it did when the program centered. Obviously, some elements are fundamentally wrong in this logo and the result is an inability to make the logo look not only good, but a decent reproduction.

35pointcorrected.gif

I just felt I needed to finally get this out and get some of your takes on the matter whether it bothers you or not or what can be done to correct it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The "O" has always bugged me too man!

Thank you.....forward that on to the leafs, maybe they can at least correct that this season! lol

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Nice fix, send it to the maple leafs now!

Yea. If they will listen to a fan that e-mailed them about changing the center ice to the full maple leaf logo, then who knows what they would consider if you offered that.

BTW, centering "Toronto" makes it 100% perfect. Minor changes make it alot better.

4kv29i.jpg

Yea. If they will listen to a fan that e-mailed them about changing the center ice to the full maple leaf logo, then who knows what they would consider if you offered that.

BTW, centering "Toronto" makes it 100% perfect. Minor changes make it alot better.

I don't know how they have never realized how off-centre it is and have never bothered to correct it...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Nice fix, I never noticed that before. One thing I did notice though is the outlines. Its always bugged me that the blue outline, for the most part, is the same thickness, but the white one is not even close. On the Marlies logo, the fixed it, but they have yet to do so on the leafs one.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I don't know how they have never realized how off-centre it is and have never bothered to correct it...

Yea, ever since they brought those 3rd jerseys back (or used it as their 3rd jerseys) , the "Toronto" in the logo has been off centered since. Im sure everyone let alone Leaf fans notice it.

You should consider e-mailing them, you never know which it will lead ya too.

4kv29i.jpg

Yea, ever since they brought those 3rd jerseys back (or used it as their 3rd jerseys) , the "Toronto" in the logo has been off centered since. Im sure everyone let alone Leaf fans notice it.

You should consider e-mailing them, you never know which it will lead ya too.

I have some other ways I may be able to actually get them to listen to me, so I'll look into it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

• 4 months later...

I've found that vexing as well, but the poorly centered logo is actually correct for at least one set of home and road uniforms from the 1963-64 season.

Here's a jersey. The Cup Team photo from 63 64 also appears to have the same crest on the blue uniforms.

carlbrewer64.png

This is from around 1967: The picture you posted is likely pre 1963

leafs67.png

DEATH TO REEBOK

Archived