Charlotte Bobcats Concept

GregP1719

After looking at charlotte i realized they really need a set of clean and mean looking logos. They have 9 or 10 alternates logos, so I finally just decided on this. GOT RID OF THE SILVER May I add, ALL done in MS PAINT

UPDATE: UNIFOMS NOW UPDATED

NEWold.png

Courts.png

Bob.png

NUNI.png

MY.png

So "clean and mean" means using the fill tool to make all the backgrounds black? Lol. Also, typically the city is on the road jersey, and nickname on home. If not, then home and road should have the same designation - but it certainly shouldn't be backwards. Also, why have two totally separate wordmark styles from home vs road / alt? Because a "Bobcats" wordmark in the "Charlotte" style wasn't available for cut and paste? They should really be consistent. It would help with... well... consistency.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So "clean and mean" means using the fill tool to make all the backgrounds black? Lol. Also, typically the city is on the road jersey, and nickname on home. If not, then home and road should have the same designation - but it certainly shouldn't be backwards. Also, why have two totally separate wordmark styles from home vs road / alt? Because a "Bobcats" wordmark in the "Charlotte" style wasn't available for cut and paste? They should really be consistent. It would help with... well... consistency.

OOPS i just realized my mistake with the jerseys. I was thinking of more NFL

MY.png

Less than half of the teams in the NFL have wordmarks on the chest. The ones that do don't alternate them. They always have the nickname ('Dolphins', 'Patriots', 'Chargers') rather than the city name.

...Unless you're privy to some insider info that I don't know about.

Sigs are for sissies.

Less than half of the teams in the NFL have wordmarks on the chest. The ones that do don't alternate them. They always have the nickname ('Dolphins', 'Patriots', 'Chargers') rather than the city name.

...Unless you're privy to some insider info that I don't know about.

LOL, i meant with having charlotte on white uniforms and bobcats on the colored uniforms.

MY.png

Also, ditch the black uniform. The blue one should be their coloured jersey, as the NBA doesn't like black jerseys these days, and frankly they take away from the whole identity anyways. There are three teams I can think of that should use black jerseys at all, and that's the Spurs, Raptors and Heat.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Also, ditch the black uniform. The blue one should be their coloured jersey, as the NBA doesn't like black jerseys these days, and frankly they take away from the whole identity anyways. There are three teams I can think of that should use black jerseys at all, and that's the Spurs, Raptors and Heat.

Yeah, and the Sixers, Blazers, Bulls, wear black too, so it's not underrepresented. However, orange is. Having an orange jersey is not the Bobcats problem, it's just about everything else in the identity package that's the issue. The NBA's main issue regarding team identities is that unique colors are practically shunned. The NBA needs more green, orange, brown, burgundy, and other colors, instead of black, navy, blue, and red for almost every team. Other than what has been previously mentioned, I would say the uniforms need more character.

• 2 weeks later...
After looking at charlotte i realized they really need a set of clean and mean looking logos. They have 9 or 10 alternates logos, so I finally just decided on this. GOT RID OF THE SILVER May I add, ALL done in MS PAINT

NEWold.png

NUNI.png

I Dont Like The Uniforms But I Like The Primary Logo As Black Instead of Pale Blue

I Dont Like The Uniforms But I Like The Primary Logo As Black Instead of Pale Blue

Is That The Title of Your Next Book? Seriously, lay off the caps, man.

I think that the Bobcats identity should be based around the circular secondary logo; while I agree that the current primary is mediocre, I don't think your concept did anything to fix it. And I might be in the minority but I love the orange jerseys and the current side panels.

Archived