Revisiting the SEC: Tweaks and Redesign Project!

bigmike

No the helmet is fine as is. I think that a yellow pants (prefered) or jersey option would help as with the white sets there isn't enough yellow. In two of the sets you have the 3 main componets with 3 different colors. The All purple with the yellow helmet works. but the others look better withe your white helmet. I know that this would end up looking almost exactly like what they have now and I hate to be one of those guys that hate changes for certain teams just because of tradition. I would make the white helmet primary in this case.

As to the Bama helmets I don't really see any need to change them.

Also not that it matters but I did not get to see your first Ole' Miss effort. If possible especially when making drastic changes leave the old set so late comers can still see what the fuss is about.

Still looking forward to Miss. St.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright I am a bit stuck on Mississippi State as well, I want to modernize there look, but not so sure how, so if you can think of some stuff might make it look cool, please give me your input thanks.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Alright I am a bit stuck on Mississippi State as well, I want to modernize there look, but not so sure how, so if you can think of some stuff might make it look cool, please give me your input thanks.

Mississippi State is what happens when you have a school with no tradition, average color scheme, and poor decision makers at high positions. They have to have the worst football design in the NCAA. Absolutely horrible. Nothing worse than the mono-maroon they've begun to wear with more and more regularity. While their look from the late 90's probably wasn't great either, it was light years ahead of what they wear now. Whatever you do, please give them the maroon helmets back.

didn't they release some new branding logos recently?

you could add some gray.

their original nickname was the maroons.

i don't have much problem with State's current uniforms other than the need for a maroon helmet. adding gray would be beneficial in my mind.

just because their current uniforms are simple does not mean they suck.

Thanks for the input guys, I was wondering, would a pale tan color work? cuz in Miss. States Bulldog logo, it is that color, also statebully, I really like that bulldgo logo with the cowbell, could I use that???

here's a modern miss st uniform. with a maroon helmet i think these would look great

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=60839

the new miss st logos were made by joe bosack and were removed from here by his request

ha I actually made those, I was wondering if I should keep those are not, so I guess I will except I was thinking about adding a tan color instead of silver, or both.

i didn't pay attention to who made them. that's sort of embarrassing.

you should change the number font

maroon helmet with white facemask

white pants on the road

black shoes

numbers on sleeves/yoke or secondary (baseball) logo on sleeves/yoke

i didn't pay attention to who made them. that's sort of embarrassing.

you should change the number font

maroon helmet with white facemask

white pants on the road

black shoes

numbers on sleeves/yoke or secondary (baseball) logo on sleeves/yoke

Alright thanks, I will get that done tommarow, I got the logo sheet done tonight, must say I like the way it turned out, and I have given the bulldogs two new colors

[quote

just because their current uniforms are simple does not mean they suck.

I'm a huge State fan, don't get me wrong. I just feel like we have plain uniforms for the sake of really bad tradition. The heyday of Mississippi State football took place in the late 90's. When I remember us being good, it was in the Nike Miss. State uniforms. I'm not saying go back to those exactly, but that helmet and that uniform design were way better than what they changed too.

Mississippi State is what happens when you have a school with no tradition, average color scheme, and poor decision makers at high positions. They have to have the worst football design in the NCAA. Absolutely horrible. Nothing worse than the mono-maroon they've begun to wear with more and more regularity. While their look from the late 90's probably wasn't great either, it was light years ahead of what they wear now. Whatever you do, please give them the maroon helmets back.

Yup. I think because of this, you can basically do anything, no matter how out there it is. You can do something never seen before for Mississippi St. and you probably wont be able to say it's worse than what they have now.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

All right I have updated my concepts, took away the gold as a couple of you requested.

MissStateLogoSheet-1.png

And to the Locker Room:

Helmet:

MississippiStateHelmet-1.png

And now the jerseys, since they are russell thats the way I went, I made this from Georgia Tech template all though it is a bit different. Added new fonts.

MissStateHomejersey-1.png

Home

MissStateAwayjersey-1.png

Away

And the pants

MissStatePants-1.png

Continued Next post......

I love it!!! Nice job Big Mike! The only thing is that I think the interlocking MS logo would look better on the helmet than the logo you have on their.. But other than that it's damn near perfect. I love the addition of tan! Great job!

Alright, I am officially half way done with this project and it has been really fun so far, Florida will be up next. C&C of course!

i like the helmet better on your old miss st concept

the tan color is a nice addition

isn't miss st with adidas?

I wanted to make a maroon helmet, I could change the stripes and if yall think I should change the logo I will, and Miss. State is with Russell (picture below)

l_e05a73c9e85d5f8abfa931e7ec9d6c0f.jpg

Archived