Revisiting the SEC: Tweaks and Redesign Project!

bigmike

Anyone got any comments, not getting much, I was really wanting some of the big designers to give thier C&C too. Because I want to hear what they have to say and how I can get better.

BTW Florida could be up tonight, at the latest tommarow.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the gold/tan color kind of takes away from the design...they don't really need a third color and the set can be strong with only maroon and white.

Also, I am not a fan of the helmet logo...the interlocking logo would look much better in this concept and in real life.

I think the gold/tan color kind of takes away from the design...they don't really need a third color and the set can be strong with only maroon and white.

Also, I am not a fan of the helmet logo...the interlocking logo would look much better in this concept and in real life.

Okay I will change the helmet, keep up the feedback guys

This is another quality overhaul. One of the reasons that I was looking forward to Miss St was that I wanted to see what you would do with the third Maroon/Crimson and white team. Adding the gold was a good idea but when I look at these I get the feeling that the gold has taken over. Also the jersey/pants stripe on the maroon elements not syncing with the gold or white versions just destracts me. That is probably a problem just for me though.

This is another quality overhaul. One of the reasons that I was looking forward to Miss St was that I wanted to see what you would do with the third Maroon/Crimson and white team. Adding the gold was a good idea but when I look at these I get the feeling that the gold has taken over. Also the jersey/pants stripe on the maroon elements not syncing with the gold or white versions just destracts me. That is probably a problem just for me though.

Yeah so far I have gotten mixed reviews on the gold, personally I think it look good since there are already two crimson/red and white teams in the West, I know all three teams have 3 diff. shades of red. So far on my to-do list for MSU i need to change the helmet logo, I rather wait for alot more comments saying take away the gold, and like I said before I would really like to hear from some of the top designers on this forum so I can hear how to make these the best. I am preety much done with Florida but want to wait till I hear more about MSU before I post. And the new MSU helmet will be up soon!

Ya, I'm not so sure I like the tan. It seemed pretty cool when it was said, but now after seeing it, it doesn't look so great for Miss St. I'm glad that you are changing the helmet, because it doesn't look so great. The jersey design is cool, except for the tan. I can't wait to see what you can do for Florida, keep it up!

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Ya, I'm not so sure I like the tan. It seemed pretty cool when it was said, but now after seeing it, it doesn't look so great for Miss St. I'm glad that you are changing the helmet, because it doesn't look so great. The jersey design is cool, except for the tan. I can't wait to see what you can do for Florida, keep it up!

Okay that is 4 votes to take away the gold/tan vs. 2 to keep it, so.......looks like I am taking it away, update will be up, trying to finish Florida, the update will be up at the same time Florida is Thanks guys!

Alright I thought I would put links of the updated Miss. State here right before I post Florida, all the presentation versions of Miss. State will be replaced by the updates after I finish this post.

Miss. State Updates

Logo Sheet

Locker Room

Helmet

Home

Away

Pants

Player Model

Home: Option 1, Option 2

Away: Option 1, Option 2

EDIT: Alright got the presentaiton page updated too. Florida will be up in a second.

Alright Now up is Florida the First SEC EAST team, last time I did these, they didnt turn out so well, so I tried again, I have gotten a lot better at knowing what looks good and how to do things better with the concept since then so here I bassically Modernized Florida with a very classic touch.

Logos/Wordmark

Now to the Logo Sheet, I found it on this logo's page, I was going to try and modernize that for a aternate logo, but looks like they already did and I have never seen it anywhere else so I added t here. Wordmark is the same, one of my favorites. Main logo is the same. The second Alt. logo shows 2 Revo helmets, since most of them wear Riddell helmets (mostly Revos). I thought I would incorperate it.

FloridaLogosheet-1.png

Locker Room

For the Helmet, kept it the same except added the new GATORS wordmark

FloridaGatorsHelmet-1.png

Now to the Jerseys, bassically kept them the same except moved the stripes up to the shoulders to give it the classic look of thier old throwbacks. Added the Florida Wormark, changed the stripes layout on every jersey. Switched the Logo and the SEC patch around on the Jersey. Gave the numbers ONE simple outline.

FloridaGatorsHomeJersey.png

Home

FloridaGatorsAwayJersey.png

Away

Well I thought since they have a Orange helmet, and pants why not give them a orange jersey!

FloridaGatorsAlternateJersey.png

Alternate

Okay now to the Pants

There are three, just change the strip to a simple Triple stripe layout.

FloridaPants.png

I agree with Raysox. Change out those logos. And also i'm interested in seeing how a white helmet would look. Maybe you should try that too. Great job as always. I love the classic look you gave them!

For who, I think Raysox was talkin about Miss. State

Edit- Oops I didnt see his post after I posted them, got mixed between my post, white helmet wouldn't look bad, anyone else like that idea, as well as bringing back the UF logo???

I agree with Raysox. Change out those logos. And also i'm interested in seeing how a white helmet would look. Maybe you should try that too. Great job as always. I love the classic look you gave them!

no i posted again, about the gators

no i posted again, about the gators

Yeah I see it now, couldnt see it cause it was between my tebow post

very pleased with your mississippi state concept. REALLY glad you left the tan/gold out and stuck with maroon & white (gray/silver is the only other color they should try to add in my opinion). I still wish the interlocking MS would remain a baseball logo. I would suggest the MState logo on that maroon helmet, but everyone has a preference.

all in all...good job!

SignatureCCSL.png

Archived