Revisiting the SEC: Tweaks and Redesign Project!

bigmike

Well I decided I would revisit the first concept set I did the SEC, however this I would say is going to have a lot better presentation and I am going to put all my West and if I get there East concepts in this thread. I am not going to do a bunch of conferences, prolly just this one unless this does good enough for people to request a conference. Here are my original SEC West and East concepts. Of course I was being a real dick in the East thread but that was my second post ever and I have matured alot since then so dont be afraid to leave C&C because I know yall are really helping me.

Okay the setup for this is a bit different, I did a logo sheet, includes wordmark as well, helmets, jerseys, and pants all using (-dp-)/LEWJ's template, and the I used a player model as well.

First Team, My Favorite the Alabama Crimson Tide, I love this logo, but personally I dont think the grey letters look good. So after seeing the awesome crave over houndstooth the past few years. And seeing th Quarterbacks were this in the A-day game, I think black would and does look good with the team. So the logo is just recolored and this was the first time I used paint.net, and I made it have a glow effect so I thought it turned out good.

Logo Sheet:

AlabamaLogoSheet.png

Alright now to the helmets, of course I kept it the same because Alabama has one of the most classic helmets in the game, and after seeing number on tese for so many years, I dont think a logo on the helmet would look good at all. However I do love the white helmets with Crimson numbers so that has become the Away/option helmet

AlabamaHelmets.png

Locker Room:

Jerseys and pants: I kept the jerseys the same except I added the houndstooth coller to all of the jerseys and added a Alt., also Alabama has Missouri style jersey, it is just solid colors, so I kept the jersey cut and used the coller with houdstooth trim and colored it Crimson on ever jersey. The pants are the same.

Jerseys: AlabamaHomeJersey.png

Home

AlabamaAwayJersey.png

Away

AlabamaAlternateJersey.png

Alternate

AlabamaPants.png

Pants

Player Models continued next post.......

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now the helmet, and jersey sets put all together. The reason used this and the template above^^^, is because the ones above have a locker room style to it while these have a player model style to it.

AlabamaHome.png

Home

AlabamaAway.png

Away

AlabamaAlternate.png

Alternate

I like the collar alot, and also how you kept the helmets and jerseys the same. Alambama has such a great, historic look that cant really be changed. But I do have to disagree with adding a black jersey, mainly because it is un-needed. I think their two color look is great and there really isn't a need to add a black jersey imo.

Lebanon Warrior Football

LebanonWarriors3.jpg

I realize the difficulty of trying to revamp a team that has classic unforms, and a team that is your favorite. I think that the houndstooth trim works on the crimson jersey and would like to see it on the sleeves as well. On the white and black jerseys you have a double collar effect happening that really doesn't allow either to be effective. I agree that Alabama doesn't need a black alt just for the sake of having a black alt.

Alright moving on,

Arkansas Razorbacks, for the hogs I added this logo as a Primary, it is only used for the baseball team now, but thought I would add it here as well, kept the Hog logo the same. The wordmark was very basic.

ArkansasLogoSheet.png

Now to the helmet, changed it up a bit, using Cal's helmet, It has a pointy styled stripe with the Red Hog logo on the side and on the stripe on the back of the helmet is the primary.

ArkansasHelmet-1.png

And heres is the Locker Room jerseys and pants, for the jerseys I went back to there "McFadden Era" jerseys but just colored the side panels. And just made a Big single stripe down the pants

ArkansasHomeJersey-1.png

Home

ArkansasAwayJersey-1.png

Away

ArkansasPants.png

Pants

Player models continued next post...

Nice work on the 'Bama concept although like many I'm not a fan of the black alternate just for the sake of having an alternate. The Arkansas unis are probably an improvement from the designs they have now but I'm sad you touched the helmet, for some reason the Hogs have my favourite helmet of all the D-1A teams, the white hog logo on the red helmet just looks really sharp to me.

Another good effort. I don't care for the red on white or the white on red because of the side stripes. The white helmet with the center stripe works well. The A on the back seem odd though. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series especially Miss. St.

Yeah I got the idea from Cal's helmet, they have a paw print on their stripe so thats how I got the idea. BTW Auburn will be up in a couple of seconds just got post all of ot :D

Alright here is Auburn

Well before I get to the jerseys we will go with the logo sheet. The Primary is the same as the logo on their helmet which I kept the same. But for the Secondary logo I was wondering how I can show the whole tiger instead of its eyes like in this logo. I have no problem with that logo in fact my High School uses that as one of our logos (although we are the bearcats???), anyway I had forgot about this logo, until I saw it a picture in my english teacher's class so I thought well that wasnt a bad logo. So I brought it back and cleaned it up a bit. As well as making the stripes Navy instead of black. Anyway here is the logo sheet!

AuburnTigersLogoSheet.png

And here is the Helmet, it is the same as the one they use now.

AuburnTigersHelmet-1.png

Okay and lets go to the Locker Room, for the Jerseys I kept it the same except going with the South Florida Under Armor template. except added the stripes like I said I am expecting some people won't like these but I thought they turned out preety good. Also, I added a Orange jersey, and added a outline to the numbers.

AuburnHomeJersey.png

Home

AuburnAwayJersey.png

Away

AuburnAltJersey.png

Alternate

If yall like the jerseys should I switch the Orange and Blue around, didnt know whether or not I should make the Orange home.

And now on the pants, I added Blue pants as a option, and made the stripes match the helmet/sleeves.

AuburnPants.png

These SEC concepts are looking good and sharp so far, bigmike! As far as Auburn goes, I think it's a nice touch to add an orange jersey and blue pants while keeping tradition mixed in with the Under Armour look as well. Can't wait to see the other nine teams! Keep up the good work.

P.S. Here's to hoping an SEC team faces a Big 12 team in Miami for all the marbles!

texaslonghornssigvw0.png

You have put out another solid effort. I think that the blue should be home instead of orange. The blue pants are a nice addition. I think it should be used with the white or orange jerseys only. I like the eyes logo personally but your tiger update was well done. I don't like the way outfitters need to brand jeresys (templates and or piping) the under armour "horns" are an ok way to do.

I must say, bigmike, that you are getting much better with your concepts, whether it's cleanliness or actual design. Big improvement over not such a long time, so good job with that. Just goes to show that people shouldn't use paint as an excuse for sloppy work, because you can still make good stuff.

Alright next up is LSU, I will get to see if they ruin or make half of my season this weekend. Anyways, personally I like LSU's look, but there are some way that I think would make it look better so I tweaked it a bit. But I will get to the jerseys in a while. For the Logo Sheet, I kept the script the same, GEAUX font, think it looks preety cool. For the Primary I just used the Tiger head,, I would use this logo but I just used a leaping tiger logo for Auburn so I just went with the head, and now the secondary is thier awesome mid-field logo The tiger eye, which I dont think is used as a logo or used on anything else.

LSUTigersLogoSheet.png

Alright now to the helmets I added the primary logo with LSU written under it and in the GEAUX font, I liked thier White helmets from last year so I made that a second helmet option.

LSUHelmet-1.png

Okay to the Locker Room, I kept the jerseys same in general espacially te purple, kept the stripes but on whit I made it gold/purple/gold rather than purple/gold/purple, the reason for that is because the purple jerseys have gold on the outside as well. I also added LSU font on the jersey.

LSUHomejerseys-1.pngSEC Home/Away

LSUAwayjerseys-1.png

Away (Non-Conference Games Home)

To the pants, made white and purple pants instead of the normal gold pants. Added stripes that match the jersey sleeves.

LSUPants-1.png

And now for the Combos, these are kinda of whacky since White is used on the Road and at home but I think I made it work, also I used Demetrius Byrd as the model which was fun cause I added dreadlocks on the player and I thought they turned out preety cool.

LSUTigersHome-3.png

Home Option 1

LSUTigersAway1-3.png (Purple-Out???)

Home Option 2

LSUTigersHome2-3.png

Away Option 1

LSUTigersAway2-1.png

Away Option 2

Archived