Nationals new alternate hat

zdiggity

Downgrade, in my opinion. I agree with those that say the elements should have been separated by the letters (like Tampa Bay's). That was one of the best last year because it kept both the "patriotic" design and the logo clear.

I'm indifferent on the red bill, although the red outline helps a bit.

Even the Nats' W version this year was clearer. Making this an official alt is pointless unless the rest of the teams are dumping this idea after one year. In which case, I say it's an overall upgrade.

Say what you want, but I LOVE the idea of the new script "Washington" on the road jerseys! Matches the cap better, if you ask me.

Then again, my hometown team did spend their glory days with a script "Milwaukee" on the road unis and a block "BREWERS" on the home ones...

bYhYmxh.png

• 2 months later...

Just back from Nats Fest. No pix, but I saw an element of the new Nats road uniform that I'd not noticed described elsewhere:

The numbers have a blue bevel on the front of the jersey and a gold bevel on the back.

The thing is, from the back, you see the gold-beveled numbers and the gold-beveled DC sleeve patch, and it looks good. But from the front, gold beveled numbers would look terrible under the non-beveled "Washington" script. So the blue-beveled front numbers are a slight improvement. But only if you can't see the gold-beveled DC sleeve patch. The blue bevel and the gold bevel clash badly.

It all boils down to one more way the Nats have found to crappify their uniforms for 2009. And if what we heard Jim Bowden say is true, the team will play just as good as it looks.

20082614447.png

It all boils down to one more way the Nats have found to crappify their uniforms for 2009. And if what we heard Jim Bowden say is true, the team will play just as good as it looks.

The same Jim Bowden that promised a competitive Nats team from the get go? Hope someone asked him how much longer fans have to deal with his bull :censored:.

Also, the jerseys in jersey look worse than trash.

As much I wanted to stick around and ask questions about the uniform at NatsFest, I just wasn't thrilled about baseball in January compared to baseball in June/July/August.

If Z3RO meant to say, "The jerseys in the jersey [store] looked worse than trash," then I must regretfully agree.

The road uni lettering had huge white outlines beyond the regular navy outlines. Absolutely nonsensical, and made the road jerseys look like a cheap knockoff European soccer jersey. This on top of the numbers having gold bevels on the back and navy bevels on the front. (Or maybe it was the red alt jerseys that had the extra white outlines; it was one or the other, but not both. Anyway, the white outlines on the lettering were big enough and ugly enough that my wife actually noticed them and commented on how exceedingly ugly they were. A Nats uniform has gotta be pretty damn ugly for that to happen.)

20082614447.png

If Z3RO meant to say, "The jerseys in the jersey [store] looked worse than trash," then I must regretfully agree.

The road uni lettering had huge white outlines beyond the regular navy outlines. Absolutely nonsensical, and made the road jerseys look like a cheap knockoff European soccer jersey. This on top of the numbers having gold bevels on the back and navy bevels on the front. (Or maybe it was the red alt jerseys that had the extra white outlines; it was one or the other, but not both. Anyway, the white outlines on the lettering were big enough and ugly enough that my wife actually noticed them and commented on how exceedingly ugly they were. A Nats uniform has gotta be pretty damn ugly for that to happen.)

Yes, that's what I meant to say. Good catch BallWonk.

man, you guys are making it awfully hard for me to continue to want to buy the new Nats road jersey. i love the script but have only seen images online, i havent gotten to see them up close and personal yet.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

man, you guys are making it awfully hard for me to continue to want to buy the new Nats road jersey. i love the script but have only seen images online, i havent gotten to see them up close and personal yet.

save your money and instead buy capitals playoff tickets.

those will be much more expensive than they were last year! IF we make it of course. i know we're 99% guaranteed to make it....but im a Caps fan, so i will wait until theyve clinched their spot lol.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

those will be much more expensive than they were last year! IF we make it of course. i know we're 99% guaranteed to make it....but im a Caps fan, so i will wait until theyve clinched their spot lol.

haha, thats too true. i went to game 2 last year and hope to go to 2 playoff games (highly unlikely).

anywho, back on topic.... the nats jerseys are just :cry:

Just an idea here: buy a blank replica road jersey, which won't have a player's name or number, and also won't have the incredibly out-of-place "DC" sleeve patch. Come up with a color scheme for numbering and lettering that makes more sense and is more visually appealing than what the Nats are trying to churn up, ship the jersey off to Exclusive Pro in Rockford with the specifications you request, and 4 to 8 weeks later, you'll have one of the best-looking jerseys in the ballpark.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just an idea here: buy a blank replica road jersey, which won't have a player's name or number, and also won't have the incredibly out-of-place "DC" sleeve patch. Come up with a color scheme for numbering and lettering that makes more sense and is more visually appealing than what the Nats are trying to churn up, ship the jersey off to Exclusive Pro in Rockford with the specifications you request, and 4 to 8 weeks later, you'll have one of the best-looking jerseys in the ballpark.

Bingo!

That's not what I'm doing this year -- I have another, even more excellent jersey project underway -- but next season, if they don't fix the road jersey details, I'm all over this plan. Unless the new replica script is as sucky as it threatens to be.

20082614447.png

Archived