Question about New England Patriots

TC

Stadium logo. Because NFL regulations prohibit corporate logos on the field, you'll never see the words "Gillette Stadium" accompany it.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Stadium logo. Because NFL regulations prohibit corporate logos on the field, you'll never see the words "Gillette Stadium" accompany it.

Thank you, this has been bugging me for a while!

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

I wanna say Texas Stadium does the same thing, or at least the did at one point in time.

They definitely had it in the late 90s/early 00s. The only reason I know this for a fact is because I remember marking out so hard when the first Madden came out for PS2 and it had the logo on the field. I thought that was so awesome.

Yeah but TEXAS STADIUM isn't corporate. I also remember PONTIAC SILVERDOME on the turf at Lions games, and the Meadowlands used to have NEW JERSEY MEADOWLANDS in a red circle w/ a white NJ at midfield. They also had the Meadowlands "Flags Logo" when they used to still have astroturf there too..

1993GiantsStadium2.jpg

Section319ShotCicra1998.jpg

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Wow is that the Jets logo on the 50 yard line?! :shocked:

EDIT: Must be a Jets colored version of the Meadowlands logo.

It's a Jets logo without the "NY", because the NJSEA would never allow that to be on the field...

And that 2nd photo is circa 1998 for the record...the first is circa 1993 or so.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Who remembers a few seasons ago the Patriots field had "China" or "Beijing" on the field advertising the NFL playing a game in China.

That was short lived.

it was towards the end of the season they put it on and they were supposed to play a preseason game there and they never played the game. The beginning of the next season it was gone. It was also right before the field turf.

(worked as a volunteer in one of the concessions at gillette)

Archived