Buffaslug dead in 2010/2011 season

Joseph

Buffalo Radio and fan webpages are reporting Sabres Minority owner Larry Quinn has repoted team efforts to use the teams 3rd jersey as primary for the 2010/2011 season. Possibly keeping the slug as the third. Just in time for the teams 40th anniversary.

I cannot find anything on WGR550's webpage confirming. Buts its poping up everywhere.

amen!

newsigsma6.jpg

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the NHL and or RBK (I almost think of them as one entity these days :() stated the new jersey styles must be used for 3 seasons before adopting any changes, which would put us at the 2010-11 season to see these sort of moves happen.

SEAsig.png

Buffalo Radio and fan webpages are reporting Sabres Minority owner Larry Quinn has repoted team efforts to use the teams 3rd jersey as primary for the 2010/2011 season. Possibly keeping the slug as the third. Just in time for the teams 40th anniversary.

I cannot find anything on WGR550's webpage confirming. Buts its poping up everywhere.

amen!

I'll believe it when I see it.

Is it bad to admit that the Slug has grown on me and that I like it more than the "Flyerized" (aka silver outlines for the hell of outlining something in silver) logo on the third jersey?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'm not a huge fan of the third jersey. Bring back the royal and gold with the traditional striping and then you've got something. I don't see the need to update an already timeless look.

I'm not a huge fan of the third jersey. Bring back the royal and gold with the traditional striping and then you've got something. I don't see the need to update an already timeless look.

At this point, I don't care about that. As long as the traditional crest comes back and buffaslug is put out to pasture, i'm a happy camper.

I heard the interview yesterday on Shredd and Ragan (a local FM talk show on a Citadel-owned station. WGR is ran by Entercom, and thus if its not said on their site, it did not happen).

One of the hosts brought up how the 3rds were debuting against Boston this coming Wednesday. They discussed how they are very similar to the old-school Buffalo jerseys (basically just a color change, although Quinn did not mention the different striping).

Then the hosts brought up how cool it would be to have those full time, and the oft-stated rumor that if the thirds outsell the normal jerseys when they come out, the team would consider switching. Quinn starting laughing, then mentioned how the 40th anniversary is coming up in the 2010-2011 season. The hosts tried to pry anything more, and Quinn basically said wait and see.

While it still may be a bit too early to say for sure, listening to the way Quinn dodged the question without dodging it, I would say we are probably looking at a return to the (almost) classic blue and gold in time for 2010.

ducks-large.jpg

I was the exact opposite, I was one of 5 people world wide that liked the slug, mainly because it got us away from looking like the adelphia sabres, but ive grown to hate that logo over time. Love the jersey design, but the logo is just atrocious.

That being said, I like the new thirds, just not a fan of the unnecessary piping. Looks too much like a glorified practice jersey.

2004RedSox.png

Archived