Eye's NHL Redesign

Eye

Some thoughts on the Oilers jerseys:

1) The neckline on the white jersey should have blue in it.

2) The stripe pattern on the blue jersey should not have white in the middle. The team has three actual colours to choose from- I;m sure one of them would fit in that area much better.

3) The gloves are hideous.

4) You may want to eliminate the outside stripes on the sleeves/socks and the top stripes on the hem of each set- it feels like there are just too many stripes there.

1) Perhaps. I was either going to put blue/gold, gold/red, or red/gold. Obviously I went with gold/red.

2) I disagree. If I were to put a non white stripe in the middle, I feel that I would have to change the home, which I feel are fine as they are as well.

3) That may be so, but they are just the gloves, the last portion of the concept. I do put work into them, but they are not the focal point of the concept. I could change 'em up, and maybe I will because, yes, looking at them again, they are just meh.

4) I actually thought about that, but I wanted to maintain some consistency with the stripes on the other side of the stripe with the numbers in them.

Thanks for your input.

Great Uniforms, for the Edmonton Oilers!

Thank you.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the Blue Jackets jerseys, make the navy jerseys the same as the road, except changing the number color (see current jerseys for what I'm saying), and I don't mind Copperlate for my Jackets.

There's some C&C from a fan.

I didn't know anyone acutally liked copperplate, haha. Thanks for the comments, but I doubt I'll be adding copperplate as it was once a nice font, but has become known for its excessive misuse.

Team # 20 is the Toronto Maple Leafs. Since the Leafs ditched the TML patch, I felt the exclusion of silver was necessary. These are just a straightforward, old school concept. Nothing special, pretty much how the Leafs look (or used to look back in the day.)

TORMapleLeafsHome.png

TORMapleLeafsAway.png

TORMapleLeafsAwayAlt.png

You didn't stray too far from the norm for the Leafs, obviously you really couldn't in real life, but it would be nice to see something new. That being said, I think the Leafs look pretty good. The waist stripes add so much to the jersey, however, I do think it needs the TML patch. It looks kinda emply on the shoulders as-is. I can't decide if I like the removal of the outlined numbers or not. They look pretty good with no outline, but I think the outline also works, because it helps complement the arm stripes. Lastly, I don't think the color on the very end of the arms is necessary, because you don't ever see it with the gloves.

You didn't stray too far from the norm for the Leafs, obviously you really couldn't in real life, but it would be nice to see something new. That being said, I think the Leafs look pretty good. The waist stripes add so much to the jersey, however, I do think it needs the TML patch. It looks kinda emply on the shoulders as-is. I can't decide if I like the removal of the outlined numbers or not. They look pretty good with no outline, but I think the outline also works, because it helps complement the arm stripes. Lastly, I don't think the color on the very end of the arms is necessary, because you don't ever see it with the gloves.

Yeah, I figured if I did anything updated with the Leafs, the wolves would come out. Either way, I do have some other concepts for the Leafs (and a few other teams), I just have to get around to posting them. When I put the color on the end of the arms, I made it big thinking that if I made it too small, it would not be seen as it would be in the gloves.

The next team up is the Boston Bruins. More yellow was added and the alternate reminds me of the Bruins pre EDGE uniforms.

BosBruinsHome.png

BOSBruinsAway.png

BosBruinsHomeAlternate.png

Next up is the Philadelphia Flyers. As you can see, orange is now the primary color on the home. Black is good for the Flyers, but to me, orange has always fit them best and because of this I have kept the black, just as an alternate jersey.

PHIFlyersHome.png

PHIFlyersAway.png

PHIFlyersHomeAlternate.png

I'd just like to say that I have enjoyed your designs so far! Big fan of the Edmonton and Vancouver series and as a Flyers fan I have to say that I really like this design!! The only thing I see is that the orange looks a bit too red for me, if that makes sense. Otherwise it looks really good.

newsig.jpg

mlb_sh_kalasobit_134.jpg

Next up is the Philadelphia Flyers. As you can see, orange is now the primary color on the home. Black is good for the Flyers, but to me, orange has always fit them best and because of this I have kept the black, just as an alternate jersey.

PHIFlyersHome.png

PHIFlyersAway.png

PHIFlyersHomeAlternate.png

The Flyer sweaters look outstanding, the only thing I might change would be to have black numbers outlined in white on the home sweaters. :unsure:

Great job on the Flyers. I agree that they have always looked better in orange. I am also a fan of the curved striping on the sleeves. A very well done concept.

Thanks, man.

I'd just like to say that I have enjoyed your designs so far! Big fan of the Edmonton and Vancouver series and as a Flyers fan I have to say that I really like this design!! The only thing I see is that the orange looks a bit too red for me, if that makes sense. Otherwise it looks really good.

Thanks, man.

Insane job on the Flyers.

Thanks, man.

[concept]

The Flyer sweaters look outstanding, the only thing I might change would be to have black numbers outlined in white on the home sweaters. :unsure:

PHIFlyers1.png

The next team is the Detroit Red Wings. On the away uniforms I made the arms completely red to give the team "red wings".

DETRedWingsHome.png

DETRedWingsAway.png

Next up is the Canucks. I feel that the Canucks can go with curves on their sleeves, kind of a wavy pattern. I guess it would convey the ocean since that is where whales primarily dwell. However, I felt that straight torso stripes would work better here, lest we have another New York Islanders Fisherman issue.

VANCanucksHome.png

VANCanucksAway.png

Why the difference in sleeve pattern? On the home you have a three colour sequence, Blue-White-Green while on the away you have a four colour sequence of White-Green-White-Blue, which basically results in an extra stripe. Intentional?

They should perhaps match. Its not a bad concept, though personally as a Canuck fan, I'd be happy to see the whale logo permanently retired, which I feel will happen in the next three to five years.

Next up is the Canucks. I feel that the Canucks can go with curves on their sleeves, kind of a wavy pattern. I guess it would convey the ocean since that is where whales primarily dwell. However, I felt that straight torso stripes would work better here, lest we have another New York Islanders Fisherman issue.

VANCanucksHome.png

VANCanucksAway.png

Why the difference in sleeve pattern? On the home you have a three colour sequence, Blue-White-Green while on the away you have a four colour sequence of White-Green-White-Blue, which basically results in an extra stripe. Intentional?

They should perhaps match. Its not a bad concept, though personally as a Canuck fan, I'd be happy to see the whale logo permanently retired, which I feel will happen in the next three to five years.

Yes, the sleeve pattern is intentional. I felt that having a white stripe would help separate the green and blue better.

The next team is the Pittsburgh Penguins. I eliminated the vegas gold and brought back the gold the Penguins used to use. The "pigeon" was brought back as a shoulder patch. The "pigeon" is a great logo and I do not understand why people dislike it and the Penguins don't use it.

PITPenguinsHome.png

PITPenguinsAway.png

I really can't find anything to say about the Pens uniforms execept great job. I like the use of the old black and yellow combo. Since you went back to the old days of the team, how 'bout an alternate using the styleized penguin logo. I agree with you, being in the minority I imagine, I also did'nt thing that logo was all that bad. I think it was just so different from what the franchise had used that it turned off a lot of people. Nice job.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I like how you went back to the old colors but not really sold on going back to the template of what the had before the edge days.

What would you suggest though? Stanley Cup era jersey? Robo-Pigeon jersey? Just curious. Thanks for your input

I really can't find anything to say about the Pens uniforms execept great job. I like the use of the old black and yellow combo. Since you went back to the old days of the team, how 'bout an alternate using the styleized penguin logo. I agree with you, being in the minority I imagine, I also did'nt thing that logo was all that bad. I think it was just so different from what the franchise had used that it turned off a lot of people. Nice job.

Yeah, I'll do an alternate using the "Robo-Pigeon" (I hate how it's called that, but that is how most people know the logo.) Thanks for the comments.

Ok, so I got my computer mouse fixed and have completed another team.

The home is pretty much the same, while the away echos many of the same elements from the home mainly in the chest and sleeve stripes.

MTLCanadiensHome.png

MTLCanadiensAway.png

Archived