Eye's NHL Redesign

Eye

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your Rangers jersey does look good even with reduced amounts of white from the stripes. It think it's really cool.

The one I like the least would be the Thrashers. With the colors you chose for the jersey (navy, powder blue, maroon, white, and yellow), can you guess which current NBA team does it remind me of? Hint: That team looks awful.

Nothing seems to match on that Rangers jersey... it all seems a mis-match of various stripe patterns, and it looks terrible.

I think you need to step back from your designs and ask yourself: "Would this look good on the ice?"

Other than the single blue stripe on the wrists all the stripes are the same length.

Your Rangers jersey does look good even with reduced amounts of white from the stripes. It think it's really cool.

The one I like the least would be the Thrashers. With the colors you chose for the jersey (navy, powder blue, maroon, white, and yellow), can you guess which current NBA team does it remind me of? Hint: That team looks awful.

With those color choices I'm going to go with the Denver Nuggets.

So the next team is the Nashville Predators. The home has a much darker color scheme than the away, but the steel blue was too good not to use (as long as it isn't used with the yellow.) For the home, the collar has yellow in it because the jersey would be too dark without it. The yellow in the collar, albeit small, gives the jersey a much needed contrast.

The away uniform is brighter, but what is most noticeable is the lack of steel blue and introduction of more yellow.

NSHPredsHome.png

NSHPredsAway.png

You're serious lol? Actually, the Thrashers remind me of the OKC Thunder. On your home jersey, the overly bright yellow lines on baby blue are what kills it.

Regarding the Predators, they look really nice. The extended wrist patches work well for this team and the steel blue is an excellent color choice. If the preds ever made a major change, using navy and steel blue would nail it.

You're serious lol? Actually, the Thrashers remind me of the OKC Thunder. On your home jersey, the overly bright yellow lines on baby blue are what kills it.

Regarding the Predators, they look really nice. The extended wrist patches work well for this team and the steel blue is an excellent color choice. If the preds ever made a major change, using navy and steel blue would nail it.

Yeah I was, haha. And I cannot believe that I said the Nuggets instead of the Thunder. For someone who follows the NBA waaaaaaaaay more than the NHL I am disappointed that I got that wrong. Mainly because I like the NBA and the Thunder have the worst identity in professional sports.

Next up is the Canucks. I feel that the Canucks can go with curves on their sleeves, kind of a wavy pattern. I guess it would convey the ocean since that is where whales primarily dwell. However, I felt that straight torso stripes would work better here, lest we have another New York Islanders Fisherman issue.

VANCanucksHome.png

VANCanucksAway.png

The Canucks one looks good, I like the sleeve stripes. Hate the logo, but that's the team's fault and not yours haha

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I like both the Preds and Canucks looks. I like that you are using the Nashville tower logo on the shoulder. I don't think they use it anymore and I really liked it on their original sweaters. The striping on the Canucks jersey is pretty sharp. The only change I might make is maybe doiong the two logo shoulder patches and use the Johnny Canuck on one side. I really like the Johnny Canuck logo and wish they would use it more. Looking foreward to seeing who's next.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

The Canucks looks great, as do the predators. But I'm not feeling the Avalanche. I see where you were trying to go, but I don't think it would look good on ice. Maybe try modifying their old (moutain themed) uniforms, and just taking it to a new level. Great job on the whole set so far. Looking forward to the rest.

jNTsTyQ.png

The Canucks look quite decent, although I'm not seeing a connection between the curved sleeve stripes and the straight hemstripes. If the hem was slightly curved somehow, it would flow much better. But that's just my opinion.

Also, it's good to see someone not shy away from giving the Orca some love. :P These days, people just want to see it die.

Next up is team # 16, the Minnesota Wild. If the Wild want to go with a retro look, I feel that they should leave it to the alternate uniform only. Because of their logo, the bear's head and trees being jagged and sharp, the Wild can have jagged stripes on their jerseys, which is what I did (at least on the primaries.)

MINWildAway.png

MINWildHome.png

MINWildHomeAlt.png

Maybe try swapping the green and wheat stripes on the home uniform? There seems to be way too much green, and not enough wheat. It's a good layout, though, nice work.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

The general idea of the striping on the Wild is very nice, but I think that the stripes are too big. They completely dominate the uniform. I think if you made the stripes smaller and made them start closer to the end of the sleeve it would look better. I think you nailed the alternate.

Next up is the Columbus Blue Jackets. First and foremost, no copperplate. Stay the hell away from that font if you are a professional sports team. For the primary uniforms I ended up emulating the Flyers' striping from their pre-EDGE uniforms. I didn't copy the Flyers' striping because I used much different widths for the stripes and the actual striping isn't identical, but they do resemble each other. I did this because I originally had all red shoulders and felt that some blue on the sleeves would help balance the color distribution on the jersey. The alternate is also blue (just like how the Blue Jackets used to have two blue jerseys for a few years back) and does not have any curved stripes whatsoever.

CLBBlueJacketsAway.png

CLBBlueJacketsHome.png

CLBBlueJacketsAltHome.png

• 2 weeks later...

So after things in my life have been able to be less hectic, I am back with more of this series. Team # 18 is the Los Angeles Kings. I made these more like the previous Kings' uniforms. I also did a set with the shoulder and primary logos switched on the jerseys (think 1998-2002), will not post them as you can imagine what they would look like. Same jersey template, just logos switched. I put a double outline on all numbers on all jerseys unlike previous ones along with the inclusion of more purple as seen above.

LAKingsAway.png

LAKingsHome.png

LAKingsHomeAlt.png

• 2 weeks later...

Team # 19 is the Edmonton Oilers. As you can see, the numbers are inside the sleeve stripes. The Oiler guy pulling the lever is the shoulder patch and there is no alternate uniform here. I tried to use the Oilers' colors as effectively as possible, and I think I did.

EDMOilersAway.png

EDMOilersHome.png

Some thoughts on the Oilers jerseys:

1) The neckline on the white jersey should have blue in it.

2) The stripe pattern on the blue jersey should not have white in the middle. The team has three actual colours to choose from- I;m sure one of them would fit in that area much better.

3) The gloves are hideous.

4) You may want to eliminate the outside stripes on the sleeves/socks and the top stripes on the hem of each set- it feels like there are just too many stripes there.

Archived