Eye's NHL Redesign

Eye

So I decided to put all of my NHL concepts in this thread. I did I think about ten teams, but I am further along now. Some computer problems have prevented me from continuing this project over the past month, but I am back in the game. I have completed some more teams in the past month, but I am not done with this project. For theses first ten concepts, if anybody wants to read my (or another poster's) thoughts regarding these jerseys, just find the topics in which they were originally located. So without further ado, here are a few of the teams I have already done. I will post a new team tomorrow or Wednesday.

Calgary Flames:

CGYFlamesHome.png

CGYFlamesAway.png

CGYFlamesHomeAlternate.png

Anaheim Ducks:

D1.png

D2.png

St. Louis Blues:

STLBluesHome-1.png

STLBluesAway.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your Coyotes concept is basically identical (sans the numbers and one tie-up collar) to one that I did back in 2006 for my "30 Days, 30 NHL Teams" project.

Direct link to Coyotes sweater.

Direct link to project.

How 'bout that, eh? Interesting to see that different people can share some of their basic designs and principles and put it together in a similar way.

Pretty good job overall. My favorites are Calgary, Phoenix and Florida. I would use the Calgary Alt as the home, I have never been a fan of the black C logo they use. Also IMO the bolt on the lightning pants could use some adjusting, it is going in the opposite direction of the logo and kind of stands out. Other than that these are very good. Can't wait to see more.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I like the Thrashers one, minus that pansy-looking powder blue. Nothing says "we're going to kick your ass all over the ice" like powder blue... I like the way the piping is on the jerseys, though.

Also, with the Senators jerseys, the coloured stripes that run up the front seem to just mysterioly end at the shoulders, instead of continuing around the back. The sudden ending is very strange and takes away from the whole look.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Ever hear of linking your pictures?

Ever hear of the ignore user button?

Yes, some of you may have replied on some of these earlier as BJ Sands suggested, so thanks for that and keep 'em coming.

For the first time in a while, I'll post a new team. This time it is the Dallas Stars. The away uniform has grown on me. The current Stars away uniform is very nice, but is lacking a lot of green, which I feel is more Dallas Stars than black. The home uniform should be green for the Stars because it just looks better in my opinion and although the Stars shouldn't completely ditch the black, I feel it is better suited as a secondary color on the primary uniforms. Even though I feel that the black is a secondary color for the Stars, a black alternate should not be out of the question, so I made one.

DALStarsHome.png

DALStarsAway.png

DALStarsHomeALT.png

Not a bad Stars concept, although it is something we have all seen before.

But wtf is up with that one white stripe on the home and alternate and one black stripe on the away? Looks really weird and almost as if you are trying to start a trend of something that really should never be started.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Ever hear of linking your pictures?

Ever hear of the ignore user button?

Ka-Zing!

Talking about the white/black stripe that Korbyn mentioned, I actually really like it. It is a little random, but I think it sets it apart and really makes the set. I think this might be one of my favorite concepts of yours. It's a good combo of tradition but also of some modern elements, like the Dallas wordmark. I think the white jersey might look a little better if you switched the green stripe inside of the two gold stripes with the previously mentioned black stripe. But nice work on this one.

Team # 12 is the Colorado Avalanche. I do not like the current Avalanche uniforms, but I did like their 1995-2007 set. In the striping pattern it actually conveyed, you know, mountains. With my concept I did not try to incorporate a mountain feel, but rather the curviness from the logo's snow falling down with the puck.

COLAvsHome.png

COLAvsAway.png

Nice job on the Avalanche uni's. The striping is different but it works IMO. It would be something very unique to the team. Another good concept set.

Thanks. Yeah, I think that this type of striping could really only work for a few teams, the Avalanche being one of them.

I think the Anaheim ones are gross.

But, why?

Team 13 will be the New York Rangers. I didn't really do anything different here, but when you have a horizontal line on the uniform where the shoulders are(like the Rangers currently do), to me it is just begging for lettering that goes straight across. Contrast that with the San Jose Sharks uniforms before their current set and you will see that vertically arched lettering would fit those uniforms better. One last thing; as you can see, I added the shoulder striping from the away on the home.

NYRangersHome.png

NYRangersAway.png

Nothing seems to match on that Rangers jersey... it all seems a mis-match of various stripe patterns, and it looks terrible.

I think you need to step back from your designs and ask yourself: "Would this look good on the ice?"

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived