I Love Seeing Yankees Out For Months

paynomind

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/0304/09sheff.html

Sheffield may be lost to Yankees for three months with jammed thumb

Tampa -- New York Yankees slugger Gary Sheffield could be sidelined for up to three months because of a jammed right thumb.

Sheffield got hurt in a spring training game Saturday against Toronto. At first, the Yankees thought it was just a bruise. But after an MRI exam Sunday, the team decided Monday to send him to a hand expert in New York.

"Now, I'm officially worried about it," general manager Brian Cashman said.

Cashman said the worst-case scenario would be that Sheffield requires surgery, meaning he would be out two to three months. The best-case scenario, Cashman said, would be that the right fielder could return for spring training games.

New York already is without center fielder Bernie Williams, who had an appendectomy and will probably miss the season-opening two-game series against Tampa Bay in Tokyo.

Sheffield said he aggravated a thumb injury from last season.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I wouldn't get too excited, paynomind.

Yankee injuries have worked out in the end before for the Yankees (Aaron Boone, anyone?)

Besides, it's not like we're losing him (assuming the prognosis is true) for the stretch run or playoffs.

See this is why Football should be Americas past time. I mean Baseball is a sport don't get me wrong but how are you going to go up to your coach and say, "Ouch coach I think I jammed my thumb, maybe I should get a doctors note so I can take 3 months off."

I would expect it from a Yankee but you gotta be tougher then that.

A jammed thumb :shocked: I bet the coach kissed it better for him too.

I would expect it from a Yankee but you gotta be tougher then that.

I agree oyu got to be tougher than that. But Gary Sheffield is not a Yankee, he might play for the Yankees but I don't consider him a Yankee.

Good statement... I agree with you.

You don't just become a Yankee by signing a piece of paper.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

That's how most of them do it, usually a paper with a lot of 0s.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That's how most of them do it, usually a paper with a lot of 0s.

No that's how the "piggy-backers" like Giambi, and Sheffield do it. The true Yankees were here when they won the championships and most of them came thorugh the farm system or aquired through a trade to put the Yankees over the top.

the yankees :evil::cursing: represent all that is evil in the world of sports. they buy the entire leauge and oppose salary caps because that will ruin their little plan, even if salary caps will help basball in the end. the go three years without a world series, and their complaining!!! out of the three years they havent won the series, they made it to the finals, but lost. last i remember making ot all the way to the finals is a pretty big accomplishment in itself. besides my jays havnt been to a world series since '93. you dont see them buing the entire AL (they dont have the money anyway thanks to the unfair mlb payroll system). the jays, like other teams, try to build contenders buy sining and keeping players for the long haul, not sining every free agent on the market and cutting your players as soon as they become "unprofitable."

the yankees :evil::cursing: represent all that is evil in the world of sports. they buy the entire leauge and oppose salary caps because that will ruin their little plan, even if salary caps will help basball in the end. the go three years without a world series, and their complaining!!! out of the three years they havent won the series, they made it to the finals, but lost. last i remember making ot all the way to the finals is a pretty big accomplishment in itself. besides my jays havnt been to a world series since '93. you dont see them buing the entire AL (they dont have the money anyway thanks to the unfair mlb payroll system). the jays, like other teams, try to build contenders buy sining and keeping players for the long haul, not sining every free agent on the market and cutting your players as soon as they become "unprofitable."

1. There is no salary cap because the Union will never let it happen, not because the Yankees have stood in its way.

2. The real "evil" in sports are teams like the Brewers that milk their cities for stadium money, get millions in revenue sharing and pocket the money rather than spend on talent.

The Yankees earned their money fair and square and they have every right to spend it as they see fit.

It is the Yankees that drive the salaries up in the first place, and even when another team does it (Rangers with ARod), the Yankees are there to step in and say, "no big deal, that type of deal IS affordable". They are ruining baseball.

Good lord folks... i would love it too, if my team spent allt he money in the world to buy a winning team. But STL is absolutely right on this one. The yankees overpay, drive up salarys, and make lower payroll teams unable to compete. It is evil and wrong.

Is it 'within the current rules' yes, absolutely. I'm not arguing if it is against the rules. But it ruins baseball. Baseball needs a salary cap for one reason; the Gaddam Yankees.

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

2003 Numbers

New York Yankees $180,322,403

New York Mets 116,253,927

Los Angeles 109,248,680

Texas 106,277,880

Boston 104,873,607

Over 64 million dollars MORE than the second most spending team. Thats insane and wrong. There are like 6 teams that dont spend in total what the difference is between the yankees and the mets.

Baseball needs a basement and a roof on spending. Arent willing to bring 60 mil to the game? Sell your team. Want to spend over 110? Stop buying players.

My actual real opinion on this thing is that all things sports should lose one decimal place. Pay roll should be 18 million, tickets should be 7.50, hot dogs should be .45.

Lose a decimal across the baord, and no one loses out but richer-than-rich players and owners. But the numbers get more real. And YES I know it will never happen.

ΓΔΒ!

Archived