My latest project

Mings

As you all pretty much know, once I got into Architecture School, that pretty much did it for me as far as posting concepts on this board. However I get to do a bit of graphic design still with layouts of boards and whatnot.

Speaking of boards, I have a final review in a week and put this together in InDesign. It is still a prelim so its not complete (not all of my drawings are in there), and I would welcome any C&C on both the board and the building. The building design isn't going to change because, well, its a week before final review (ask Moser, he knows about final reviews) but I am definitely open to suggestions on the board.

The full size of the board right now is 3'x6', if you guys have any tips on font size for presentations I would appreciate it. The farthest anyone will be from the board is about 20 ft or so, with the reviewers about 5 or 6 feet away.

board_prelim-1.jpg

Enjoy guys!

I like it, a lot. One thing that bugged me is in the first paragraph of the writing there was a sentance that went "Ibringrythmintothe" and the kerning made all the worlds squished into one word. Also, I think the far right side of the board could use some more detail and "flashiness," because my eye is immediately drawn to the upper left, and it seems that as I go from left to right it becomes more and more basic. Just looks like an afterthought.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

It looks good. Not my style, but very nice. So how much sleep have you gotten this week? The second year studios next to us have been nuts this week and people have been staying up there pretty much the entire day only leaving for their other classes. I can't wait until next year when I get to do my final presentation while hepped up on loads of caffeine and energy drinks! Good luck to ya!

spacer.png

As someone who has recently graduated, it's funny how when you find a project you love, you just work on it. Then it gets to the point where you're sick of it, and those are the long days! Yet I've found when you push through those long days, you end up with something that you are proud of. As far as the project displayed, good job Josh. I always love looking at architectural drawings and models.

Is "rythmn" supposed to be "rhythm", or is there an alternate spelling/word I wasn't aware of?

The design itself looks great to me...I just didn't know if that was a typo, or just a word I didn't know.

I just haven't run spell check yet. I'm not an English major after all :)

It looks good. Not my style, but very nice. So how much sleep have you gotten this week? The second year studios next to us have been nuts this week and people have been staying up there pretty much the entire day only leaving for their other classes. I can't wait until next year when I get to do my final presentation while hepped up on loads of caffeine and energy drinks! Good luck to ya!

4 hours total for Sunday and Monday, probably about 2 hours tonight too. I'm at studio right now and may leave in a bit. I live about 15 minutes away from campus and have to get on the expressway to get home, so if I leave too late...well that could be a bad thing.

As someone who has recently graduated, it's funny how when you find a project you love, you just work on it. Then it gets to the point where you're sick of it, and those are the long days! Yet I've found when you push through those long days, you end up with something that you are proud of. As far as the project displayed, good job Josh. I always love looking at architectural drawings and models.

I usually get to the sick part when I am about 95% with my drawings (as is the case right now) but I always get excited again when I start my final model. As far as some of my other work goes, PM me your email address and I'll send you my portfolio.

Thanks for all the C&C so far guys. I'm thinking Thursday or so I'll have all the drawings done and on the board so I can get a final layout. Look for an update then (possibly sooner).

So I know two posts in a row isn't cool....but its update time. I have two more drawings to go but the layout is pretty much a go (as of now, I'll make some changes according to crits).

interim_120308.jpg

Alright guys, all drawings are finished...and so I hope is the board. There is an empty spot in the gray area where the 4th process model is going to go when I build it, but besides that it is done.

So what do you all think about the final layout?

Gordie, I tried a couple of the fonts you mentioned, but it just didn't jive for me. I'll keep looking though.

board_final.jpg

Archived