Pac-10 Expansion

AJM

I seriously doubt the current BCS conferences taking the MWC seriously even if they do take teams from the WAC. They already look at them as a joke.

Yeah, but if they became another BCS Conference, they'd have to. In fact, I'd amend the rules to where you can only play 1-3 games against a Mid-Major/Minor I-A school, and you're automatically inelgible for a BCS Bowl if you play a I-AA school. You wanna go to the BCS? You gotta earn it first. B)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I seriously doubt the current BCS conferences taking the MWC seriously even if they do take teams from the WAC. They already look at them as a joke.

Which is intriguing, especially from Cincinnati, Louisville, and South Florida. :wacko:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Is Arizona State one of the greatest instututions in the world when it comes to ACADEMICS AND RESEARCH? No major university is the recipient of more slagging than Arizona State. Except maybe Florida State. My point stands, though.

Wow you have certainly offended me. I didn't go to Arizona State University to just "party", have you know that it is a great university for ACADEMICS

• W.P. Carey of Business is ranked one of higher Academically Business Schools in the Nation.
  • Our Education Department is ranked in the top 20 in the nation
  • We have a top notch Engineering Program
  • Our Walter Chronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication is one of the highest schools for journalism and communication in the nation and the world(which I am a graduate of) As well as our Hugh Downs School of Communication

• The Sandra Day O' Connor school of Law is one of the most underrated law programs in the nation
  • Our Public Relations Program is top in the Nation
  • College of Design is highly ranked

Also the fact we are the largest Public RESEARCH University in the United States.

Please think about how you think it before you say it. ASU may have the distinction of being of being a party school, but so many students come from out of state to come here to get a better education.

That's pretty funny. If it's underrated, that means it's no good, right? They kind of have this college-rating thing down, by this point.

My other favorite part about ASU is its apparent affinity for random capitalization.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Is Arizona State one of the greatest institutions in the world when it comes to ACADEMICS AND RESEARCH? No major university is the recipient of more slagging than Arizona State. Except maybe Florida State. My point stands, though.

Wow you have certainly offended me. I didn't go to Arizona State University to just "party", have you know that it is a great university for ACADEMICS

[dick-waving redacted]

Please think about how you think it before you say it. ASU may have the distinction of being of being a party school, but so many students come from out of state to come here to get a better education.

Well, I didn't say anything offensive, I'm just reporting what I've perceived, that Arizona State and Florida State's reputations are questioned by people who care about this sort of thing. I don't really care where you went to school, by the way.

p1_asufans.jpg

Haha, look at that guy. Bro-tastic.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

All this talk of Pac-10 expansion but how about the Mountain West expanding to 12 schools and becoming an official BCS Conference:

Pacific Division

BYU, Fresno State, Nevada, San Diego State, UNLV, Utah

Mountain Division

Air Force, Boise State, Colorado State, New Mexico, TCU, Wyoming

This would leave the WAC a mess but maybe in 7 or 8 years Sacramento State, UC Davis and Cal Poly might be FBS programs (who knows?) and could join the conference:

WAC (2015):

Cal Poly, Hawaii, Idaho, New Mexico State, Sacramento State, San Jose State, UC Davis, Utah State

Also, Louisiana Tech might be invited to join Conference USA if it loses a program to the Big East

The current BCS Conferences and Notre Dame don't want to split the money they get from tv and the BCS bowls anymore than they have to, so no Mtn. West/WAC hybrid conference will ever be admitted full time. They will also never kick out the Big East because they need more BCS schools than non-BCS schools.

Archived