West Texas United Sockers

Titanole

West-Texas-United-Sockers.jpg

West Texas unveils name, logo

The article quotes the general manager as saying "We also like Coyotes for a number of reasons, especially as it relates to a team logo and potential mascot." Then why not just call the team the West Texas United Coyotes?

Anyway, the logo does have the obligatory soccer ball in it.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

"We also like Coyotes for a number of reasons, especially as it relates to a team logo and potential mascot."

That's probably what Tom O'Grady said when he was creating the Soul's logo.

Except replace "Coyotes" with "Odd Colored Football Farts".

philly.png

The coyote looks like it's bleeding from the ear.

Haha, those were my thoughts exactly.

I thought it had been shot in the temple.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

And I'm no animal expert, but do all coyotes have Jerry Lewis Nutty Professor buck teeth?

Not all of them. Just the Jerrymanderis Lewisonia, which is indigenous to West Texas.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

And I'm no animal expert, but do all coyotes have Jerry Lewis Nutty Professor buck teeth?

Not all of them. Just the Jerrymanderis Lewisonia, which is indigenous to West Texas.

Nomination for PotD?

ANd anyway...it didn't look awful at first glance. Then I actually looked. Far too detailed, but the detail could almost be excused if they had double-checked their transparency settings so the 'yote didn't have a head wound. Clip art soccer ball. Awful name. Three different names in a sense (W TX U could stand alone, but now the "nicknames" people can use includes United, Sockers, and Coyotes, because obviously West Texas is meant to stand apart from United, right? :rolleyes: ), and really none of them good. And the indecisiveness over the Coyote leading to him getting thrown into the logo as well?

Failure in execution. Supremely.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Archived