Maz's NHL Thirds

maz

This year in the NHL, for obvious reasons, the third jersey has been of much focus in discussions about NHL design.

Well, with this project, im setting out to make a third jersey for every team in the NHL. Whether the one they just got is perfect, an epic failure, or they dont have one at all.

One of my main goals is to have as few black alternates as possible, as too many teams are turning to black.

First off in the series, by random selection, is the Ottawa Senators:

OttawaSenators.png

EDIT: Crap, I forgot sleeve numbers. Must fix that.

While I like their logos they got just last year, I think they arent quite the direction Ottawa should go. The Red, White, and Black looks better than Red, Gold, and Black IMO.

As for this jersey, I took the classic O logo, and put it on a black jersey. I know, im already making a black jersey when I said id keep black to a minimum, but I think Ottawa is one of those teams that can get away with having a black alt, and look pretty good doing it.

TEAMS DONE:

Boston Bruins

Dallas Stars (V1)

Dallas Stars (V2)

Tampa Bay Lightning

Ottawa Senators

oBIgzrL.png

Next up, the Dallas Stars:

DallasStars.png

I eliminated any trace of black, as thats a mistake the Stars made with their look all the way back in Minnesota. Speaking of, thats who I emulated this after. Its meant to look like the old North Stars, but at the same time, keep some of the current Stars feel. Its not a true throwback, as thats also something im trying to eliminate. Also, while I dont particularly like it, I kept the numbers on the front since theyre on the primaries.

oBIgzrL.png

DallasStars.png

I eliminated any trace of black, as thats a mistake the Stars made with their look all the way back in Minnesota. Speaking of, thats who I emulated this after. Its meant to look like the old North Stars, but at the same time, keep some of the current Stars feel. Its not a true throwback, as thats also something im trying to eliminate. Also, while I dont particularly like it, I kept the numbers on the front since theyre on the primaries.

I have to disagree with the whole "no black" thing..... Personally I think the sharpest logo the North stars ever had was this one,

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=391

Just the right amount of black can be a really good thing.

canada.png

DallasStars.png

All that white at the bottom of the jersey would probably look funny in real life. I suggest making just a line of white, the same thickness as the gold. And then we would have a perfect alternate IMO.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

This year in the NHL, for obvious reasons, the third jersey has been of much focus in discussions about NHL design.

Well, with this project, im setting out to make a third jersey for every team in the NHL. Whether the one they just got is perfect, an epic failure, or they dont have one at all.

One of my main goals is to have as few black alternates as possible, as too many teams are turning to black.

First off in the series, by random selection, is the Ottawa Senators:

OttawaSenators.png

EDIT: Crap, I forgot sleeve numbers. Must fix that.

While I like their logos they got just last year, I think they arent quite the direction Ottawa should go. The Red, White, and Black looks better than Red, Gold, and Black IMO.

As for this jersey, I took the classic O logo, and put it on a black jersey. I know, im already making a black jersey when I said id keep black to a minimum, but I think Ottawa is one of those teams that can get away with having a black alt, and look pretty good doing it.

I dunno why but i like that alot....

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

^ It sure looks green to me, I like the black as an accent here.

The Sens look pretty good, but the stripes on the back should curve with the numbers, it looks awkward to me when it just stops.

Problem with that in real life is that I dont think theyd go through the trouble of making a jersey striped specifically for almost every number between 1 and 98.

oBIgzrL.png

Next up, the Boston Bruins:

BostonBruins.png

Since their alternate logo looks like that they had back in the 20s and 30s, I thought emulating them after these bad boys would be a good idea... I tried it, and it was not so. So instead, I just took a classic three stripe design. Some may consider it a bit plain, but I dont think so.

oBIgzrL.png

The Sens look pretty good, but the stripes on the back should curve with the numbers, it looks awkward to me when it just stops.

Problem with that in real life is that I dont think theyd go through the trouble of making a jersey striped specifically for almost every number between 1 and 98.

No, you just put the numbers over the stripes that are there. Get what I'm saying?

6fQjS3M.png

No, you just put the numbers over the stripes that are there. Get what I'm saying?

Thats another option that I probably should have tried first. Problem with that is that it may make the numbers difficult to read (then again, if the habs can pull it off...)

oBIgzrL.png

Thats another option that I probably should have tried first. Problem with that is that it may make the numbers difficult to read (then again, if the habs can pull it off...)

exactly what i'm thinking

6fQjS3M.png

Archived