Tex to Boston!

rdsx246

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
within the last ten years...

Didn't the New York Rangers pull this crap? Where did that get them?

Didn't the Texas Rangers pull this crap? Where did that get them?

Didn't the Los Angeles Lakers pull this crap? Where did that get them?

Don't the Yankees ALWAYS pull this crap? Where did it get them?

How in the hell did you (and everyone else that's posted along these same lines) forget about the last East Coast "center-of-the-universe" ESPN-d!ck-hardening team to pull something like this...the 2007 New England Patriots???

(Of course, to be fair, the Pats didn't spend an over-exhorbitant amount on the FA's they added to what was already a loaded squad.)

Of course, the team to beat those Pats...a team based in the New York market. Go figure.

I first saw news of this as I was in the process of watching TCU complete its comeback victory over the Boise State Broncos and immediately busted out laughing in front of everyone. the YANKEES got Tex? Wow...THAT one came out of nowhere. I think it was funny both for that reason and because I knew this place would blow up almost instantaneously.

I will credit the Yanks, though, for having kept this move under wraps all this long time.

As for those in Red Sox nation...I wouldn't feel too bad. Remember the last time the Yanks came in and swooped (or stole, depending on who you listen to) a player the Sox wanted bad by throwing more dollars on the table? In that case, he was one of the Sox's own...goes by the name of Johnny Damon? Didn't help the Yanks win the title then, either. Still hasn't. So, should the Stankees falter again this year, I for one will be laughing my behind off...and relive 2007 all over again, only this time it won't be the outright unanimous favorite New England Patriots. It'll be those cash hog New York Stankees.

That's IF they falter this year. October 2009 is a long ways off.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived