Tex to Boston!

rdsx246

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is insane. It's going to be epic when they don't win the World Series.

I have a feeling this is going to turn a looooooot of people off of baseball.

So, what happens when the Yankees up ticket prices, the stock market crashes and the Steinbrenners are forced into bankruptcy because of spending all of this money on free agents. This is going to be epic when the Nats win the World Series :P

6fQjS3M.png

The Yankees probably just pulled the biggest fast one on the baseball world in a long time.

I should've known that when they said that "We had no idea that we were even in the running." that that meant "We're finalizing the deal as I speak."

So I suppose the Yanks have abandoned their youth building for just buying another all-star team. They're probably going to fail once again, but that is ONE HELL team that they just bought. :P

You got to be kidding me. Yankees sign another top free agent. I just wish their was a salary cap to make it fair for everyone else, and more of a competition.

This team cannot win the world series, and if they dont, maybe money doesn't win teams.

I'm just shocked.

4kv29i.jpg

This is ridiculous.

It's not about winning championships. It's already been proven that spending isn't necessarily the way to get that done.

But right now I've been lucky enough to see first hand a generational (maybe more) talent in Albert Pujols. He embraces the community of St. Louis and the community sure as hell has embraced him. He does great things with his time and his money.

He's the type of player that SHOULD spend his whole career in one spot.

But he's not a dummy, and he is human, and he's gonna want his value when it comes time to negotiate his next deal.

And now, you've got annual All Star (but not elite) players making $22.5 million a year to Albert Pujols $16 million. Albert could absolutely break the bank in three years (I hope a new deal is signed sooner) if he wants to, and I don't know if the Cardinals will be able to pony up.

It's absurd what's happening. I'm not asking for anything in particular to fix it. I just wish GMs and owners would be a little more responsible with their spending.

And to review. Random blog named after Bill Simmons =/= credibility.

Oh, and can some team not on the East Coast please sign a big free agent this year?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/base...eira/index.html

Teix close to a deal with the Yankees. 8 yrs, $180MM.

If this holds up...Best Hanukkah Ever.

*cue the Star Wars Imperial March*

What say you now, Sox fans????

Sayeth I, "Wow, I knew the Yankees could spend, but I didn't know they could spend." They never cease to amaze:P

I don't however, whine and cry that my team is doomed forever. Honestly, I saw it come up on the bottom line and I just kind of chuckled. This should get interesting fast (Olney said that the Yankees will have like the 5 highest paid players in the league or something). WAR this means, New York!

ZERO, yes I did happen to see that. Notice how I didn't mention you. :)

epi, agreed with all you said above.

Also can this make people stop posting false bullcrap on things that were "confirmed" to them?

Well, I kinda figured the Yanks would do something after missing the postseason for the first time in years, but geez...

The three biggest names in the Free Agent market are now Yanks and there's a chance they could get Manny as well.

I understand the need to make a few changes after what happened last year, but isn't this a little bit... I dunno, a bit overkill here?

I'm happy that the Nationals did not place so much money on one player (where would they get that money from anyway?), granted they might suck as much as this year, at least I can do other things during my summer to enjoy instead of going to baseball games.

It's absurd what's happening. I'm not asking for anything in particular to fix it. I just wish GMs and owners would be a little more responsible with their spending.

I know these contracts seem absurd to us fans, but I think owners and GMs know what they are doing. Owners expect to make money from their teams. No way, they pay these guys more than they expect to bring in from them. I think Tex will justify this contract, even though I agree he's not really on the elite level. Although playing for the #1 media market and for the most popular team, may "boost" him into the elite level.

As an O's fan, its kind of a bittersweet moment. It sucks that we lost out on the hometown kid. He's been on Baltimore fan's radar since he was drafted. But I have to say I'm glad its over. It's been annoying constantly hearing about him. Also I don't think he was a good move for us. I feel MacPhail can still build a competitive team, and may be able to do it easier without Tex. Overall I'm glad this is finally over and he didn't go to Boston.

I almost hope the Yankees get Manny now so everyone will hate them more and just to see the kind of coverage they'll get, and he ain't coming back here. ^_^

They can't sign Manny. Any MLB team can only sign three Type-A Free Agents in any given off-season, and the Yankees have already done that (Sabathia, Burnett, Teixeira).

I almost hope the Yankees get Manny now so everyone will hate them more and just to see the kind of coverage they'll get, and he ain't coming back here. ^_^

They can't sign Manny. Any MLB team can only sign three Type-A Free Agents in any given off-season, and the Yankees have already done that (Sabathia, Burnett, Teixeira).

Where is that in the CBA (or was that sarcasm?)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm not sure where it is in there, I've seen that statement tossed around on SonsOfSamHorn since the deal went down though.

No, it's true, I just read it on SoSH right after I posted.

But still exists, the sign and trade. (kidding)

Archived