Tex to Boston!

rdsx246

I almost hope the Yankees get Manny now so everyone will hate them more and just to see the kind of coverage they'll get, and he ain't coming back here. ^_^

They can't sign Manny. Any MLB team can only sign three Type-A Free Agents in any given off-season, and the Yankees have already done that (Sabathia, Burnett, Teixeira).

Where is that in the CBA (or was that sarcasm?)

I'm not sure where it is in there, I've seen that statement tossed around on SonsOfSamHorn since the deal went down though.

That strikes me as being something along the lines of wishful thinking if that is the case.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I almost hope the Yankees get Manny now so everyone will hate them more and just to see the kind of coverage they'll get, and he ain't coming back here. ^_^

They can't sign Manny. Any MLB team can only sign three Type-A Free Agents in any given off-season, and the Yankees have already done that (Sabathia, Burnett, Teixeira).

Is that a rule or something? Or is it just that the Yankees will run out of money?

Because I highly doubt that the Yankees are gonna run out of money.

EDIT: I found the answer...and seeing that it came from a Sox message board instead of fine print...NAH.

Is that a rule or something? Or is it just that the Yankees will run out of money?

EDIT: I found the answer...and seeing that it came from a Sox message board instead of fine print...NAH.

It's actually a very intelligent board. It's honestly almost intimidating to post because of the high standards, so I usually believe the people there.

Edit: And I found it. (also look at two of the three posts directly below) Still no fine print but I can't doubt it.

Edit 2: Here is a better discussion.

It's actually a very intelligent board. It's honestly almost intimidating to post because of the high standards, so I usually believe the people there.

Edit: And I found it. (also look at two of the three posts directly below) Still no fine print but I can't doubt it.

I guess I have to agree with you. Wow, I never knew that baseball had that rule...and that is the closest we get to a salary cap. Ain't that 'bout a bitch?

Kind of. They can sign a limited amount dependent on the total amount in the free agent pool that offseason (I think 3 this offseason is correct), but they can also sign as many as they lost in addition to those three. And with Abreu and possibly Petitte, they could still add one or maybe two if they so choose.

Hmmm.....

I see that dying a quick death at the next CBA negotiations.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

In all honesty, I hope the Yankees do not get Manny. He's been my least favorite player in the league for quite a while now. Any progress the team has made with its big free agent signings will go to waste if he comes to the Bronx. Yankee fans welcomed Damon because he's a class act, Manny on the other hand is a dirtbag.

Kind of. They can sign a limited amount dependent on the total amount in the free agent pool that offseason (I think 3 this offseason is correct), but they can also sign as many as they lost in addition to those three. And with Abreu and possibly Petitte, they could still add one or maybe two if they so choose.

They didn't offer arbitration to Abreu or Pettitte. If/when they sign elsewhere, the Yankees do not recieve picks.

So, according to

http://sonsofsimmons.com/mlb/sources-red-s...-teixeira/2008/

the Red Sox have made a deal with Mark Teixeira. It is about time we wrapped this thing up. Yes, this web site is a credible source for all of you in denial.

Umm yeah, let's never use sonofsimmons.com as a reference again. Thanks.

And really, are the Yankees ever going to run out of money?? <_<

6uXNWAo.png

So, according to

http://sonsofsimmons.com/mlb/sources-red-s...-teixeira/2008/

the Red Sox have made a deal with Mark Teixeira. It is about time we wrapped this thing up. Yes, this web site is a credible source for all of you in denial.

Umm yeah, let's never use sonofsimmons.com as a reference again. Thanks.

And really, are the Yankees ever going to run out of money?? <_<

Given the price of tickets at the new stadium, no they won't run out of money.

Watching SportsCenter...I am honestly shocked that ESPN decided NOT to crown the Yankees as the favorites.

Only because they are in the same division as Boston.

The Yankees could sign ManRam, Derek Lowe, Adam Dunn ... and ESPN would still have them "on par" with the Red Sox.

6uXNWAo.png

In all honesty, I hope the Yankees do not get Manny. He's been my least favorite player in the league for quite a while now. Any progress the team has made with its big free agent signings will go to waste if he comes to the Bronx. Yankee fans welcomed Damon because he's a class act, Manny on the other hand is a dirtbag.

They supposedly have a 3 year offer on the table and I really, really hope they do sign him....Don't get me wrong I'm a diehard RedSox/Mets fan, but I just want them to be the best team ever NEVER to win a World Series Ring and the 1st MLB franchise to shutdown due to bankrupcy.

Archived