Tex to Boston!

rdsx246

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, according to

http://sonsofsimmons.com/mlb/sources-red-s...-teixeira/2008/

the Red Sox have made a deal with Mark Teixeira. It is about time we wrapped this thing up. Yes, this web site is a credible source for all of you in denial.

Sorry I don't buy into the credible source from a blog when it states a source tells sonofsimmons. I usually go through MLBtraderumors.com which is more credible. Sorry but i'll see it when it states a more credible source

If so, I hope his plane crashes into Fenway park.

Nice.

Still don't buy it. (and I'm not sure I really WANT it, but I don't know how much better that money could be spent, besides perhaps lowering ticket prices)

Well I figure it would be too much to ask for the plane to crash into the Boston Garden and Fenway Park.

1zqy8ok.gif

If so, I hope his plane crashes into Fenway park.

Nice.

Still don't buy it. (and I'm not sure I really WANT it, but I don't know how much better that money could be spent, besides perhaps lowering ticket prices)

Well I figure it would be too much to ask for the plane to crash into the Boston Garden and Fenway Park.

You'd need an Antonov for that :P

If true (which I do think will eventually be), that will completely do it for my interest in the MLB....I said it before in another thread...Until they wise up and put a salary cap in place to curb damn near all the league's stars being courted by (and some going to) the Yankess, Red Sox, Mets, and other insanely high payroll teams...Then I want nothing to do with their product....

If true (which I do think will eventually be), that will completely do it for my interest in the MLB....I said it before in another thread...Until they wise up and put a salary cap in place to curb damn near all the league's stars being courted by (and some going to) the Yankess, Red Sox, Mets, and other insanely high payroll teams...Then I want nothing to do with their product....

Why? The Red Sox payroll could be less this year than it was last year -- even with Teixeira. In fact, it probably will be less this year than last. Besides, would you rather these owners pocket all the money? Besides, creating an all-star team is probably the least effective way of building a Championship team.

With a salary cap, the Yankees and Red Sox would just find other ways to use their biggest advantage.

IUe6Hvh.png

Why? The Red Sox payroll could be less this year than it was last year -- even with Teixeira. In fact, it probably will be less this year than last. Besides, would you rather these owners pocket all the money? Besides, creating an all-star team is probably the least effective way of building a Championship team.

With a salary cap, the Yankees and Red Sox would just find other ways to use their biggest advantage.

Would your tone be a tad different if the report was Tex to the Yankees? I'd bet so....

Would your tone be a tad different if the report was Tex to the Yankees? I'd bet so....

Nah. Despite his clear lack of taste in baseball teams, InTheEnd88 is a pretty solid character. He means it.

BB52Big.jpg

Try being a Blue Jays or Orioles fan. With the Rays having a young World Series caliber team, it doesn't look good for a couple more years for Baltimore and Toronto.

8prlQWA.png

I recall the Red Sox saying they were outbid. I think they should therefore be eliminated from any further contact with the player in question.

I call it the "No Fake Posturing Rule". Once you call that you're out, you are out. I'm tired of being lied to.

This also applies to coaches who get "statements of support" and are then fired. You stand behind your manager, you live with said manager for the remainder of the season.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Nah. Despite his clear lack of taste in baseball teams, InTheEnd88 is a pretty solid character. He means it.

actually, let the yankees/red sox/cubs/mets/tigers/dodgers/angels/white sox spend their money. sometimes the return investments isn't what they have hoped. i'd rather have team chemistry than a payroll disaster. on a side note, a further proof of payrolls don't build contenders, in 2008 the Seattle Mariners had the 9th highest payroll at $118million (i've rounded) AND finished last in the AL. Detroit was a disaster too!

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/salaries

Try being a Blue Jays or Orioles fan. With the Rays having a young World Series caliber team, it doesn't look good for a couple more years for Baltimore and Toronto.

Or a Nats fan, like myself...And right there is where I am coming from...My team has ZERO chance of landing quality free agents when the aforementioned teams pay way above market value. The Marlins GM had it right a few weeks ago when he called out Yanks GM Cashman saying his spending tactics "irresponsible".....And as a result of all this...The Nats will stink for a LONG time....and this is the case for alot of teams...The O's....The Jays...The Pirates....and the list goes on and on....

It wouldn't -- the Yankees have proven completely incapable of spending their money wisely. I'd honestly be more afraid if the Yankees were handcuffed in regards to the amount of money they could spend and they started investing that money into the players they drafted -- and as a result, the best players in the draft every year fell to the richest teams becase they're the only ones who could justify spending that much money on unproven talent. But that's already kind of the case with some players already.

Look, the Yankees and Red Sox are two completely different animals when it comes to spending money.

IUe6Hvh.png

It wouldn't -- the Yankees have proven completely incapable of spending their money wisely. I'd honestly be more afraid if the Yankees were handcuffed in regards to the amount of money they could spend and they started investing that money into the players they drafted -- and as a result, the best players in the draft every year fell to the richest teams becase they're the only ones who could justify spending that much money on unproven talent. But that's already kind of the case with some players already.

Look, the Yankees and Red Sox are two completely different animals when it comes to spending money.

No...they really aren't...The only difference...One spends like mad and has won a couple titles....The other spends like mad and craps the bed...Eventually the roles will reverse...The constant? Over spending and damn near putting lowly clubs out of business

I recall the Red Sox saying they were outbid. I think they should therefore be eliminated from any further contact with the player in question.

I call it the "No Fake Posturing Rule". Once you call that you're out, you are out. I'm tired of being lied to.

This also applies to coaches who get "statements of support" and are then fired. You stand behind your manager, you live with said manager for the remainder of the season.

The Red Sox called Scott Boras' bluff, and not one expert has found an offer that exceeds the one the Sox made. Unless the Red Sox have gone back to the table and made a higher offer, I'm not sure I see your point.

The Sox said "We're outbid, we won't be a factor" -- but they weren't outbid to begin with.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived