"Ultimate Uniform and Logo quiz"

chestnutz

Question 1: Which four NFL teams feature a star or stars on their helmet logos?

I missed that one, assuming the Steelers logo used 4-point stars, but I suppose those only count as diamonds.... I dunno. :wacko:

I though the same thing.

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

13*/15 on the quiz

9/10 on the slide show

I missed the Celtics and Cubs questions and argue the one about letter based logos (I stopped after five by including Columbus and then left out Philly) and the no city name on road jerseys (I included Baltimore--not sure you can go off of a not yet worn jersey--and left off the Angels).

On the slide show I mixed up the Indians logo for the Blackhawks. I did however get the Phillies logo, knowing that they had pondered such a change and that it was definitely not a Toronto logo.

The trivia games on this site are pretty fun.

I was pretty excited on the "Which Bronco has worn each number the longest, I got 27/100 as a non-Broncos fan.

#1 Jason Elam, 2 Mike Horan, 3 Rich Karlis, 6 Bubby Brister, 7 John Elway, 9 David Treadwell, 14 Brian Griese, 16 Tom Rouen, 18 Frank Tripucka, 27 Steve Atwater, 38 Mike Anderson, 44 Floyd Little, 51 John Mobley, 52 Ian Gold, 57 Tom Jackson, 66 Tom Nalen, 75 Rulon Jones, 77 Karl Mecklenburg, 80 Rod Smith, 82 Vance Johnson, 84 Shannon Sharpe, 86 Byron Chamberlain, 87 Ed McCaffrey, 93 Trevor Pryce, 94 Keith Traylor, 98 Maa Tanuvasa, 99 Shane Dronett.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I missed that one, assuming the Steelers logo used 4-point stars, but I suppose those only count as diamonds.... I dunno. :wacko:

I though the same thing.

The official term for the diamonds in the Steelers' logo is 4-cusp "hypocycloid", otherwise known as a geometrical "astroid". FYI. B)

I don't read Easterbrook all that much, but Wikipedia says that Easterbrook often calls the Steelers the "Hypocycloids". And remember, if it's on Wikipedia, it must be true...haha

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

- MLB Caps with One Letter: 1707 with NO hints.

- MLB Caps with Two Letters: 115? with No Hints. (Tampa Bay kept escaping my mind or else I would've had them done in less than a minute.)

- NBA Teams WithOUT a specific city in there name: 725 with no hints. (Utah slipped my mind)

- NFL Teams with animal likeness on their helmet: 1621 with no hints.

- Pro Teams with bird for a mascot: 1325 with no hints.

- Pro Teams with a color in their name: 1306 with no hints

- Pro Teams who's nicknames do not end in 's': 1109 with no hints.

- Mascots shared by Two Pro Teams: 725 with no hints.

If you want to get technical, the Miami Dolphins should have counted. They have the sun, which is, in fact, a star.

I got 8, but I'll spot myself one more (Columbus Blue Jackets over the Canucks) for 9. I was amazed that I got the hockey ones at all. Here is my line:

Correct: 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 13, 14

Kinda surprised I got #15 wrong. I was thinking of the Athletics for whatever reason. At least they knew about Baltimore. I also had yellow and red switched on #6.

What MLB teams have just one letter on their caps? - 1677 (0 hints)

What MLB teams have two letters on their caps? - 1259 (0 hints)

What NBA teams do not have a specific city in their names? - 779 (0 hints)

What NFL teams have an animal likeness on their helmet logo? - 1540 (0 hints)

What pro teams have a bird for a mascot? - 1458 (0 hints)

What pro teams have a color in their names? - 1090 (2 hints) (total mind blank -- I can name every NFL team but somehow missed the Browns, and I somehow missed the Blue Jackets even with the hint)

What pro teams' mascots do not end in "s"? - 1104 (2 hints) (I'm over my head with the NHL...)

What pro teams share the same mascot? - 725 (0 hints)

What MLB teams have just one letter on their caps? - 1623 (0 hints)

What MLB teams have two letters on their caps? - 1170 (0 hints)

What NBA teams do not have a specific city in their names? - 723 (0 hints)

What NFL teams have an animal likeness on their helmet logo? - 1614 (0 hints)

What pro teams have a bird for a mascot? - 1386 (0 hints)

What pro teams have a color in their names? - 1065 (I had a :censored: load of hints.

What pro teams' mascots do not end in "s"? - 1139 (no hints)

What pro teams share the same mascot? - 745 (0 hints)

Also, I got 8 out of 10 on the slideshow quiz. I thought that the '28 Indians logo was a Blackhawks logo, and the '44-45 Phillies were some old Blue Jays prototype, lmao.

I think I did badly. There were a lot of those where I slapped my head in shame.

Archived