UB Bulls Concept

HarperK

Being from upstate NY, Ive always had a thing for underdog UB. Now that they are starting to emerge as a legit MAC program (for whatever that is worth), I believe they deserve some original, decent looking unis. This is what i came up with, trying to imagine a style I could see Nike putting them in. The UB logo i created myself, to be a little more unique and to look more like the font style in the main logo.

UBConcept.png

UPDATE 1/12

I went to the style they currently use, taking away the lighter blue i used the first time around. I also created a new UB logo, and modified the main logo again.

UBConcept3.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I fall into the category of people who think that modern = bad, but these are nice. I like that they distinguish Buffalo from Kentucky, particularly because of that slick helmet logo.

On the negative side, I don't see any reason for an alternate. Maybe some sort of retro-looking alternate, but not this. Also, I'd prefer white pants with the primary rather than monochrome.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

Drop the "UB" for the old horn logo and you have a winner here. They had something unique and they went generic.

I thought about that, but always thought it looked too cartoony for my taste. I think a Interlocking letters looks very "collegiate" if that makes sense to anybody else.

Here is the home set with white pants. As for the light blue alternate, i did it just cause i could. Not that i necesarily like it better, or that i think they should have it. Just another set to show for the sake of showing it. I seem to get alot of flack simply for showing an extra set just for the heck of it.

UBConcept2.png

Nice, an upstate team. My cousin goes there.

Anyway, I really like these. While anyone can just slap a couple stripes on the jersey, I love seeing modern designs. That striping really fits a team with the name Bulls. Love the helmet logo too. I actually prefer the alternate to the primary home, I think it looks pretty nice.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I think I like the Blue-on-Blue concept better. I could do without the side/back piping (just leaving the shoulder stripe), but it doesn't kill them for me. Very nice work. Too bad they couldn't pull off the upset in Toronto last week!

Great to see a UB concept, I think the first one I've ever seen on here.

Being a UB fan myself, I couldn't agree more that they need to ditch the very boreing uniform they have now.

I think with their fairly recent rise in the MAC, they are perfect for a less traditional look.

With that In mind, I like your uniform set but i'd like to see a little something different in the way of the number font and maybe a 2 or 3 color sock, i've never been a fan of the 1 color socks though.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

ohhhhhh

thems nice....

Protip: Don't post drunk.

On the subject of the alternate; I just think an alternate only makes sense for a college team when it's used for a special event game and then it's usually a big departure from their usual unis. For example, Notre Dame's Green unis, LSU's gold jerseys they wore in a bowl game a few years ago, and all of the (ugh) blackout jerseys.

There is nothing wrong with your alternate, I was just suggesting that it wasn't necessary. Maybe try a more "out there" concept for the alternate if you feel they should have one.

/$0.02

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

I would thicken up the interlocking "UB", ditch the drop shadow and the beveling, and add an outline.

I agree with him. That shadow looks good on that side of the helmet, but to me it'd be sort of odd on the other side having the shadow of the letters facing the front of the helmet. But the uniforms are really nice. I like the two blues alot.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

UPDATE 1/12

I went to the style they currently use, taking away the lighter blue i used the first time around. I also created a new UB logo, and modified the main logo again.

UBConcept3.png

UPDATE 1/12

UBConcept3.png

I love the update. The horns on the U weren't necessary as the interlocking logo already looked nice, but I think this is a nice compromise between the horns and the interlocking letters.

I think the home looks better with the white pants, and good job getting rid of the light blue alternate. Some of the posters in this thread expressed the fact that they liked the monochrome, so now they've got that for rivalry games, etc.

From my perspective it's perfect now.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

The update is definitely better. I agree that the horned U might not be necessary, but it still looks very good. The uniforms and helmet are what they should be wearing.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Archived