New England Revolution

officeglenn

I got bored and antsy at work today, so I decided to put that energy into a New England Revolution concept:

revolution.gif

I was trying to evoke the old tri-corner hat with the shape, but I'm not sure I succeeded. Thoughts?

I got bored and antsy at work today, so I decided to put that energy into a New England Revolution concept:

revolution.gif

I was trying to evoke the old tri-corner hat with the shape, but I'm not sure I succeeded. Thoughts?

I like this very much! To be honest, I wouldn't have noticed the tri-corner hat if you hadn't mentioned it. But don't try to force it. This logo looks great the way it is.

Also, I understand what you're doing with the red behind the shield, but I think the logo would look better without it.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Lose the banner shadow and move the banner up a tiny bit, and get rid of any stripe remnants at the top, and I think it will be pretty sharp. Also you might want to put New England in there somewhere. Might get too busy though. Love the idea, just needs tweaking.

revolution.gif

I like it as well.

You give it an update but still keep the flag element that is it's current logo:

NewEnglandRevolution.png

As for the tri-corner hat I have always thought that the ABA Virginia Squires did it very well:

http://www.remembertheaba.com/Virginia-Squires.html

Course some will say that the Boston/NE Pats did a better job:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:New_Engl...ts_logo_old.svg

As for the font did you try using the same font on the 'REVOLUTION' as you did for the '95'?

Thanks for the comments, guys. To clarify, I was trying to make it look like a tri-corner viewed from above, not straight on. But I guess that answers my question about if I did it well or not. :) And I see where you guys are coming from with the red banner shadow. I was just trying to do something with the ends; I'm not a big fan of just having them squared off.

Significant improvement over what they have now. The current Revolution logo looks good but it doesn't look like a soccer logo. What you've done captures the name "New England Revolution" beautifully and looks like a soccer logo too. Nice work.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Archived