BCS Championship Game

infrared41

Yeah, I would never complain about making it to the 'ship or BCS as many times as OU has.

I mean, look at the team I pull for. I'd just be happy if they made it to a New Year's Day bowl ONCE.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I would never complain about making it to the 'ship or BCS as many times as OU has.

I mean, look at the team I pull for. I'd just be happy if they made it to a New Year's Day bowl ONCE.

Exactly and the Sooners have not lost to any bums, they lost to great teams.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Did you know fact: Sam Bradford is a huge Vancouver Canucks fan. He wanted his family to move to Canada when he was a kid because he wanted to learn to play hockey.

Here's one blog with the story: http://neatesager.blogspot.com/2008/12/he-...s-but-also.html

From last year, but I guess the title applies after today's game too.

So his college career mirrors the Canucks NHL history...no rings!

OK I'm confused...the media's been telling us for two years that Obama's the messiah but now those Fox announcers say it's Tebow?? :rolleyes: And somebody should explain to St. Timothy that vanity is one of the seven deadlys. He looked shocked and embarassed when they called that well-deserved taunting penalty at the end.

But that aside, congrats to the Gators and their fans. They earned that victory though obviously OU's failure to execute in the red zone was very disappointing. If they take just a TD and FG from those red zone possessions, it's a whole different game. Good defense yes, but OU helped with terrible play-calling on 4th and 1. The same off-tackle play that just got stuffed is the best these offensive geniuses can come up with? :cursing:

Given that most 'experts' thought the Gators would kick their a***s all the way back to Norman, the Sooners played very well and have nothing to be ashamed of.

P.S. The Saints just fired their defensive coordinator. Charlie Strong's a phenomenal DC. Hmmm...

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The game sucked for 3 quarters, but the 4th redeemed it...and the right side won it.

Now, I'm fully expecting Ohio State/Big Eleven level vitriol and hate for Oklahoma and the Big 12...let 'er rip, boys. Chokelahoma?

Are you kidding? That won't happen. The Big XII just had a bad week or something. Oklahoma lost because of their coach. Ohio State lost because The Big Ten doesn't deserve to be in D-I football. There is a difference you know.

See what I mean?

Exactly and the Sooners have not lost to any bums, they lost to great teams.

BB52Big.jpg

Just read the rest of the thread. I wasn't going to be the first to mention the officiating because I didn't want it to sound like sour grapes and let me be clear, I'm not even suggesting it was a significant factor. My problem with the officials is more that they just seemed...I don't, bumbling or something. Problems with the game clock, play clock, oh wait, time out because my hat isn't on straight...I mean, what was up with those guys? And on that big hit early in the game, on a long sideline pass by OU, it looked like the defender was there early. It was a tremendous hit but that sure looks like PI. While we're at it, he's leading with his helmet too. B)

44429417.jpg

The holding call on the pass to Gresham was totally legit but have you seen a prettier pass and a nicer catch? Too bad it didn't count. <_<

Again, so I'm VERY clear, Florida earned the win and the officials were an annoyance, not game-changers. Which is a relief in itself. :P

As for the announcers and Fox's camera work...well, let's just say they do a much better job with the NFL. Showing the split screen with OU's offensive signaling was interesting the first time, but at critical times of the game it was very distracting. And good God, the commercials. I don't do it with important games like this one where I have a rooting interesting but seriously, it's awesome to record say an NFL playoff game and then watch it on the DVR where you can blast through the commercials. The 30-second jump feature is perfect not just for commercials but if you hit it right after the tackle it will usually take you right to the start of the next play. You're done in 90 minutes or less and don't have to watch the commercials at all. :D

One last thing, and this has been all season - what's with OU's jerseys and the letters/numbers being so low? It looks ridiculous.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

What a game, what a season, Go Gators ^_^ . Tim Tebow proves time and time again that he is the engine that makes the Gators run. Urban Meyer is without a doubt one of the best, if not THE best, big game coach in college football today. What a freakin' hit by Major Wright in that first series! That really set the tone that this was going to be a hard fought battle. Both teams played their tails off. It wasn't pretty, but it proved they were evenly matched up until the end. I'm proud to be a Florida alum, the Oklahoma fans were class acts. I shook many of their hands after the game. I had a great night with my dad, brother, uncle, and brother's g/f. All I can say is Go Gators!

n2009588_53396336_5127.jpg

n2009588_53396357_3071.jpg

n2009588_53396366_6630.jpg

n2009588_53396368_7477.jpg

I just also want to say, everyone should take a trip to Atlanta sometime. I've thoroughly enjoyed living there.

n2009588_53370063_6738.jpg

*** NOTE *** Oscar instigated this post. Just sayin' :P

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

What a game, what a season, Go Gators ^_^ . Tim Tebow proves time and time again that he is the engine that makes the Gators run. Urban Meyer is without a doubt one of the best, if not THE best, big game coach in college football today. What a freakin' hit by Major Wright in that first series! That really set the tone that this was going to be a hard fought battle. Both teams played their tails off. It wasn't pretty, but it proved they were evenly matched up until the end. I'm proud to be a Florida alum, the Oklahoma fans were class acts. I shook many of their hands after the game. I had a great night with my dad, brother, uncle, and brother's g/f. All I can say is Go Gators!

*** NOTE *** oz615 instigated this post. Just sayin' :P

Fixed

and btw don't put this **** on me

:grin:

But in all seriousness,you gotta give credit where credit is due,and w/ that said....

Tim Tebow,i salute you brother,becsuse you backed up words big time

YouTube - TIM TEBOW'S PLEDGE

Archived