Pioli to be Chiefs' new GM

Ez Street

Pioli to be Chiefs' new GM

The Kansas City Chiefs have reached a contract agreement with Scott Pioli to be their new general manager. Pioli, who turns 44 in March, has been with New England the past nine years as their vice president for player personnel.

It appears unlikely Pioli will retain Herm Edwards as the head coach. Edwards was still working at his office today.

And the competition for quickest rebuild in Missouri professional football is underway.

The Rams promoted Billy Devaney to GM about a month or so ago (he had only been with the organization for one season prior, so it's not as if he's part of the "old regime"). They are expected to name their head coach by the end of the week.

I hope the Chiefs turn things around, just not any faster than my Rammies.

And the competition for quickest rebuild in Missouri professional football is underway.

The Rams promoted Billy Devaney to GM about a month or so ago (he had only been with the organization for one season prior, so it's not as if he's part of the "old regime"). They are expected to name their head coach by the end of the week.

I hope the Chiefs turn things around, just not any faster than my Rammies.

Chiefs will be faster, especially if Haslett gets re-upped for reasons of cheapness and a possible impending franchise sale.

Streeter-no clue, it's pretty much a dead heat between Spags, Ryan, Frazier and Haslett, with the bizarre candidate of Garrett lagging behind.

What frightens me most as a fan is the possibility that Haslett himself broached of bringing on Martz as an OC. That duo has "wasted, damaging, 0-3 win season" written all over it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Haslett is fine with me. I'm very excited about the possibility of Martz as OC, and Haslett knows the organization well. I think he'd do just fine.

But I also like Spags quite a bit. I figure those two to be the leading candidates. Then Frazier and Ryan. Then Garrett, though I have no idea why he's in it at all.

Haslett is fine with me. I'm very excited about the possibility of Martz as OC, and Haslett knows the organization well. I think he'd do just fine.

But I also like Spags quite a bit. I figure those two to be the leading candidates. Then Frazier and Ryan. Then Garrett, though I have no idea why he's in it at all.

At the risk of a thread jack, the Rams currently lack the personnel to run Martz's offense, and they aren't close. The line needs upgrading, Bulger needs to spend a couple years in an offense that doesn't call for him to take hit after hit, and I have serious doubts (based on this year) about the "Teen Squad's" ability to function in an offense that calls for exceptional timing and precision route running. (My one complaint about Avery-I suspect he's as dumb as a post.)

Haslett...has had three years with the defense and did jack-diddly with it. He's had 3 consecutive 1st rounders, and of them, Hill's an outright bust, Carriker's development has been completely mishandled, and Chris Long is still a "wait and see". When you couple that with his teams' and platoons' tendency to implode late in games and in the season, I don't see him as having a positive effect on the franchise. Perhaps if they hadn't blown their second half leads during Weeks 15-17 (especially the Seattle and San Fran games), I might be inclined to feel differently.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Too soon to tell. Spags is the top rumor.

Some people wouldn't mind Marty back, but that was more for the GM spot. Looks like for now at least we made the best possible hire in Pioli.

I'm sure you'll see Spags, Rivera, a possible attempt at Cowher. It's all depending what the new GM wants to do. If he wants young guy, then who knows.

I don't care who, just get us out of this :censored:-hole.

Hunt, the Chefs owner is tight lipped, as of tonight there were only rumors and no real leads as to the direction they are going as far as a head coach. The KC sports people can only speculate, but some think it's going to be an offensive cord. from a successful franchise. Time will tell, they'd better get the ball going, or else they will lose the guy they want.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

It appears unlikely Pioli will retain Herm Edwards as the head coach.

Perhaps this is a few days premature (and a bit immature), but....

:boogie::boogie::boogie:

:censored: YOU HERM. :censored: YOU.

I have no sympathy for him. He sat in front of us all season blaming players and players only for his screw-ups, never taking responsibility for a single loss. Fischer walks up to the podium after a loss and says, "This is on me." Gruden blames himself and the gameplan for certain losses. Even the man who coached an 0-16 team stood up to the Detroit media and said it was his fault.

Not once has Herman Edwards taken a shred of blame for the state of the team. I lost all respect for him.

It's easy to say it's your fault for sixteen weeks, because then people can't press the issue further. Marinelli's "class" is overstated. If you want to say he served in Nam, just say it already, media.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Really? Why?

Really? Why?

Read the Rams thread a little further down for explanation.

Who's gonna be the Rams coach? Any word?

No real idea who will be the Chiefs new coach. Spagnuolo might be tops of the list.

NOOOOO!!!!!! Leave Spags alone. I thought the Giants were in the clear when it didnt look like he was gettin the Jets job.

According to Chris Collinsworth of NBC, the Chiefs are expected to hire Cardinals OC Todd Haley

Got it from a radio station I work at, but found this as source

1. Your link doesn't work.

2. Is KC hiring him as their new head coach or offensive coordinator?

3. No team can officially hire the guy until the Cardinals' season is over.

4. Chris Collinsworth... Seriously? :lol:

6uXNWAo.png

Archived