NBA All Star Logo Concept

deezy

I don't know why I started doing this logo (boredom?) but anyways I thought that I'd share it with all of you and get some critique on it... I think it's kind of a cool idea for an All Star logo, or maybe something else?

allstarmia.png

tumblr_liile3w9oT1qdgbiwo1_400.png

Too jagged, too campy, and it doesn't feature any of Miami's colors. It looks kind of like it came from the Mesozoic era. I think you should clean it up, use some variation of the Heat's color, and find a typeface that better suits Miami's style. Also, the exclamation point should be there. The logo doesn't have to shout at everyone.

Too jagged, too campy, and it doesn't feature any of Miami's colors. It looks kind of like it came from the Mesozoic era. I think you should clean it up, use some variation of the Heat's color, and find a typeface that better suits Miami's style. Also, the exclamation point should be there. The logo doesn't have to shout at everyone.

Well, it is for Miami, but not necessarily for the Heat... there is some precedence for NBA All-Star logos to follow after the host team, but for the most part, they should address the host city.

My issue with it is that it literally doesn't say Miami, which may be important for others who wonder "Who's Mia?" or "Who is missing in action?" Maybe as an alternate... I agree that it looks too cramped.

I like your outside the box thinking here, but only a few cities (such as Phoenix PHX) can use abbeviations and get away with it. MIA is a name and PHX can not be mistaken for anything other than Phoenix

MIA is very popular for Miami.

Yeah, looking at it now a few days removed, it definitely isn't a primary logo, it could be a decent secondary though... I'll see if I can find some time and try to update it... Thanks for all the comments!

tumblr_liile3w9oT1qdgbiwo1_400.png

Archived