Bringing Back Teams From the Past

crashcarson15

So, I thought that bringing teams back from the past would be a cool project, and I'm gonna start it off with the Hartford Whalers. This concept is pretty muck self-explanatory.

I pretty muck love it.

Honestly though, it does look great. On the White jersey though, I would separate the Green stripe from the Silver one so the stripes would match the pants/shorts. Just instead of being Blue on Silver on White on Green fabric, the Green fabric would just be a stripe. Hope you understand what I'm saying. Otherwise, it looks great. Teams people will want to see brought back: California Golden Seals, Colorado Rockies, KC Scouts, Hamilton Tigers, Montreal Maroons, NY Americans, Winnipeg Jets, Quebec Nordiques, and maybe the Toronto St. Pats. Thats enough for a series I figure. Let loose.

I agree that the striping looks too similar to the Canucks. I'm also not sure the green pants would work with blue jerseys, blue lids, and blue socks. I could be wrong, but I don't think that combo would look good on the ice.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Alright, now keep in mind that I might be one of the biggest Hartford Whalers fans on this boards, so I might be a little hard on you. ^_^

Anyway, as for the concepts, like most have said, the striping is way to similar to that of the Vancouver Canucks, especially the blue jersey. Looks like you just plopped a Whalers logo on a Canucks template, to be honest. I'd say swap the white and silver on that jersey's striping and maybe double the size of those stripes as well. A multi-coloured collar wouldn't hurt either. Probably have a green, white and a grey collar, similar to what they used in the 90's with their blue away jerseys. Also, the logo is a tad big on both. If you work in MS Paint, I can understand your hesitance to do that - simply to not have the logo come out all pixely - but find a smaller logo that is more suitable for the front. Also, the numbers appear to be a tad high on both. Bring them down and center them on the back of the jersey a little more. One last thing, and this kinda grinds my gears, you can get rid of all the unused collars and patches on the side there. It's not that flattering, presentation wise, and just makes it look like you rush your concept.

Overall, it's alright, but I think with my suggestions might be able to help it out a little bit. I'm really looking forward to this series!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

So, I moved on to Part II of this series (yes, I'll go back and update the Whalers, but the file is on another computer I can't get to). I decided to do the team from my own home area, the Cleveland Crusaders. You'll see that I drawed some inspiration from bigmike's Alabama Gladiators concepts, trying to have the concept of the sword going down the side of the jerseys. Enjoy.

ClevelandCrusadersRoad.png

ClevelandCrusadersHome.png

C&C Please

6fQjS3M.png

This is a very good idea. I just want to say that like the others have said the Whalers is too close to Vancouver. Also on the Cleveland one change the purple stripe on the purple jerseys to white and it will look much better IMO.

g4104.png

I like your original Crusaders concept the most. One thing though, the sock stripes should be down by the shins more. On both concepts right now the stripes are at the knees and would be mostly covered by the pants. The other think is that the pant stripes should stop at the hip pad instead of going all the way up. So make the stripes stop once you hit the top of that circle pad in the pants. Oh, and never use purple helmets in hockey. I've seen it done and it just looks awful, because the purple in the helmets never match the purple in the uniforms.

Archived