Texas Two Step

patsox

To me, the Astros' current look makes no sense. The logos and uniforms say trains, but the name says futuristic space theme. The look they had before they moved into Minute Maid Park made a lot more sense, so I decided to tweak and recolor that. I lessened the degree of italicization of the wordmark, tweaked the current cap logo, made a new primary logo, and switched up the color. It matches the color scheme of the Dynamo and the University of Texas to a lesser extent. The color scheme is unique, and solves the problem between them and the D-Backs. Constructive criticism would be great.

AstrosConcept.png

I thought the Astros were going in the right direction too when they introduced the logo set that you are using for the basis of this concept. I just think the colors you are using are way too bright. Try to use a darker version of the colors you have now and then perhaps it will work.

I have a couple of issues with the Astros jerseys. First, the colors do make it look like Tennessee. Darken them up a bit. Secondly, the star on the hat doesn't match the star in the wordmark. I would change the wordmark, because I like the hat star better (but that's just me). Finally, it's difficult to see the outlines on the home jersey. Add those and you are money.

The star looks like it has a lame leg. I really liked the look you based this off of (I still have a streaking star hat), but the execution is a bit lacking.

Forget UT and the Dynamo. How about having the old orange back?

astros2.JPG

Much darker and it won't cause bleeding eyeballs when you see it on TV.

Here's an Astros update. I used darker colors with more contrast. The colors are also similar to their old colors. I basically changed the cap logo to the one they used to wear. I lessened the italicization though. I changed the primary to something similar to the old one too. Constructive Criticism would be nice.

AstrosConept2.png

AstrosConept2.png

Right now, all you've done is recolor an old logo and paste it on a jersey template with names and numbers. The colors you chose are fine, but there's nothing going on right now. You need some stripes or piping or something here, because right now they look more like T-shirts than jerseys.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

The star looks like it has a lame leg. I really liked the look you based this off of (I still have a streaking star hat), but the execution is a bit lacking.

Forget UT and the Dynamo. How about having the old orange back?

astros2.JPG

Much darker and it won't cause bleeding eyeballs when you see it on TV.

I have to agree with Firefly... Try it in Astro Orange. It will be much less painful for people watching the game, Can you imagine how much of that Neon orange it would take to cover the Puma... That would be blinding!!!

" Ya bleedin' Bub, oh ya... yur bleedin' "

120px-BleedingEye.png

canada.png

Here's an Astros update. I used darker colors with more contrast. The colors are also similar to their old colors. I basically changed the cap logo to the one they used to wear. I lessened the italicization though. I changed the primary to something similar to the old one too. Constructive Criticism would be nice.

AstrosConept2.png

i think this would be perfect for houston. i always love the blue/ navy and orange combo (mets and islanders) i think that word mark and logo was perfect for them with the whole astro name and theme. what they got now is an identity crisis ...their name is astros meaning space and future but their colors, stadium, theme in houston is about old wild west theme and old trains. i think they should definetly go back to blue and go with their space theme because houston does have a space center there.

i would add an orange birm to the hat for the road or alt, but thats just me.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Archived