Utah Jazz

Dave Ship

Do you really think the only place Mormons live are in Utah? There's about 13 million of us and majority of us hate Utah. :P

I was really surprised that in my little town, that practically nobody know, the Mormons could have the interest to build up a church. Especially here in Italy, where 90% of the population is Catholic. Italian people are scared about other religion. But, that's another story.

It flows well, but I think you could take it further. Try adding a little purple, which seems to be a lost color in their scheme.

agreed.

and ditto to admiral's rhetorical question...this concept doesnt have enough different material to warrant any justice of success.

what i do love is the presentation and template ur rocking here.

Yeah, the Jazz already have the worst uniforms in the NBA, and this doesn't depart from them enough for me.

Here's an idear for a Jazz logo: a saxophone for a J, a mountain for an A (the bottom of the snowcap would be the crossbar), and then a paintbrushy ZZ. Might be a little 1990s, but so was the Utah Jazz being relevant, so hey. You have Utah and jazz represented in one handy script.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, the Jazz already have the worst uniforms in the NBA, and this doesn't depart from them enough for me.

Here's an idear for a Jazz logo: a saxophone for a J, a mountain for an A (the bottom of the snowcap would be the crossbar), and then a paintbrushy ZZ. Might be a little 1990s, but so was the Utah Jazz being relevant, so hey. You have Utah and jazz represented in one handy script.

That sounds like 5 pounds of s*** in a 2 pound bag. Also, how can anyone have a discussion about worst NBA uniforms without referring to the Thunder? Or the Bobcats? Sure the Jazz have bland uniforms, but the worst? I don't think so.

Then you obviously haven't seen Memphis' uniforms.

Also, how can anyone have a discussion about worst NBA uniforms without referring to the Thunder? Or the Bobcats? Sure the Jazz have bland uniforms, but the worst? I don't think so.

The Jazz' uniforms are worse than the Bobcats, if you ask me. I forgot about the Thunder, though. So the Jazz are 29th, then.

What's wrong with the Grizzlies? They're another two-blue team, but they're not worse than the Jazz.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Also, how can anyone have a discussion about worst NBA uniforms without referring to the Thunder? Or the Bobcats? Sure the Jazz have bland uniforms, but the worst? I don't think so.

The Jazz' uniforms are worse than the Bobcats, if you ask me. I forgot about the Thunder, though. So the Jazz are 29th, then.

What's wrong with the Grizzlies? They're another two-blue team, but they're not worse than the Jazz.

I'm so glad we have the admiral's expertise around these boards.

I'm not really feeling this, beatnik. It's not so much as what you did, as much as it's what you didn't do...meaning, the Jazz's identity is left the same. I was hoping to see a complete overhaul of logos and everything. Regardless, here's some thoughts:

- I'd either lose the purple in the logos or add it to the uniforms somehow. The purple in the logos jump right out at me.

- The numbers/wordmarks are inconsistent from home to road. I'd add the extra inline on the dark set.

- Not really directed towards you, but why do the Jazz have separate wordmarks for their jerseys? If it were up to me, I'd use the "Jazz" in their primary logo on the home jerseys, then have a similar "Utah" for the road. The wordmarks on their jerseys are pretty boring.

- I'd feature the music note, rather than the mountains. They are the Jazz, after all.

Archived