Pitt Panthers in gold uniforms

TrueYankee26

PAKS101020920_800x600.jpgPAKS109020922_800x600.jpg

Yeah, I'm okay with the white text on a gold base, since the outlining is thick enough to keep everything legible. What - the are the Lakers the only team allowed to wear white numbers on a light-colored basketball uni?

The white piping, though, is about as conspicuous as the maize piping on a white Michigan football jersey. Maybe that's the intent.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

The white piping, though, is about as conspicuous as the maize piping on a white Michigan football jersey. Maybe that's the intent.

If that's the intent, then a better idea would be to just leave the piping off. But then again, it's a better idea to leave the piping off even if the intent is for the piping to be seen. That kind of piping adds nothing, IMO.

I should probably know this, being a Pitt fan and all, but did they go back to the old panther logo on their shorts? In the second picture, it looks like Fields' shorts have this logo (minus the wordmark):

ejdf9hmhlgsthibzhh9n.gif

I thought they switched to this monstrosity two years ago, although it's rarely used. We got some shirts with this on it when I worked at Finish Line:

new-panther-head.jpg

Edit: Upon searching the Pitt store, they have the new "robo-dog" logo on some shirts, but the old logo on the authentic basketball shorts.

Archived