Senators Third Jersey - Revised

Blitz

I was watching the 67's vs. Knights game on TV the other night, and the more I looked at the 67's jersey shoulders, the more I wanted to try this... So basically, I blended old & new looks to get a logo for the chest, which turned out way better than I thought it would. For the shoulders, I couldn't pick the "O" logo, so I went with the current 2D logo (which I am hoping becomes their Primary sooner than later). I have seen pics of the original Senators (1930's) and they always wore the barberpole design, This one is little more toned down however... Well, Here goes -

SENS.png

C&C always welcomed....

canada.png

This actually isn't too bad, the O logo is a nice touch, I did something similar about a year ago. However I have one grip about this, I'm not sure the white numbers will pop enough, if you get what I'm saying. I don't really have a solution though, maybe make them black? Other than that minor problem, I have to say I'm really a fan of this. Nice work.

This actually isn't too bad, the O logo is a nice touch, I did something similar about a year ago. However I have one grip about this, I'm not sure the white numbers will pop enough, if you get what I'm saying. I don't really have a solution though, maybe make them black? Other than that minor problem, I have to say I'm really a fan of this. Nice work.

I tried them in Red, and Gold (those looked Gross!!!).. Maybe I will try black with a thick trim of red or white....

canada.png

Those are really good. The gold ring around the O really completes the O logo and also connects it with the rest of their identity. I don't think the color of the numbers would be an issue, because only a small section of the numbers is white on white.

Those are really good. The gold ring around the O really completes the O logo and also connects it with the rest of their identity. I don't think the color of the numbers would be an issue, because only a small section of the numbers is white on white.

True, but the stripes below the back are basically of the same volume as the numbers, so from far, the numbers would appear unclear at first sight. I have two possible solutions. You could reduce the size of all the jersey stripes or add a black square underneath the back numbers like the Habs did in blue...or even both. Also, the gold reflection lines work on the O logo but not the Senator. But what you've done is really nice. Proposed tweeks aside, it doesn't need much change.

I'm loving that logo. However, the striping is inconsistent on the arms. On the front view there is no white stripe at the end of the sleeve, while there's one on the back view. Also, maybe continuing the striping to the bottom of the jersey would be better too.

8prlQWA.png

I don't like how the O logo is a black number on a black background. I know it's not yours. Could you put it on a red background to see how it looks. Basically, black number, white outline then red center and red until the gold ring.

Everyone loves a roundel.

I don't like how the O logo is a black number on a black background. I know it's not yours. Could you put it on a red background to see how it looks. Basically, black number, white outline then red center and red until the gold ring.

Technically "O" is a letter. As for the concept, I think The body stripe needs to be shorter than the numerals if you put the black box behind the numerals. The bottom white stripe on the body is awkward right now.

Like this?

oincirc.png

canada.png

Unconventional, yet very pleasing to the eye. I really like these but I doubt Rbk would ever go this route and think outside the box as it were. Rbk jerseys are so boring. Anyways, enough Rbk bashing for today.

I think the black box for the numbers gives it that 1930's feel. And the gold incorporates a more modern element. Props on a bitchin' concept.

thecatch.jpg

I like it a lot, but you've got it backward: The O should be on the shoulders, and the senator head should be front and center.

Like I said, I'm kinda hoping that Ottawa will smarten up and start using the 2D as their Primary with =O= on the shoulders.... So for an alternate they would be reversed, right?

canada.png

No, not necessarily; for this alternate, it's novel enough to use barberpole striping rather than solid white or solid red/black/whichever. The senator is still the stronger logo; there's no sense in switching it out for the weaker (though still nifty) logo for the sake of being an alternate. I'm approaching this like I'd approach the Blackhawks: the tomahawk C is cool, but not so cool that I'd stick it up front at the expense of the Indian head. Its job is to reinforce the identity and it does that job extremely well. I'd say much the same for the Ottawa O.

"Ottawa O's" sounds like a novelty cereal. Jason Spezza is on the box cover.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Like this?

oincirc.png

I think that logo pops a lot more than the black background. Lose the reflective effect and it will be perfect! This is a great Sens concept!

No, not necessarily; for this alternate, it's novel enough to use barberpole striping rather than solid white or solid red/black/whichever. The senator is still the stronger logo; there's no sense in switching it out for the weaker (though still nifty) logo for the sake of being an alternate. I'm approaching this like I'd approach the Blackhawks: the tomahawk C is cool, but not so cool that I'd stick it up front at the expense of the Indian head. Its job is to reinforce the identity and it does that job extremely well. I'd say much the same for the Ottawa O.

"Ottawa O's" sounds like a novelty cereal. Jason Spezza is on the box cover.

Ok, switched up, with the red popping logo....

SENS3.png

canada.png

Archived