Montreal to be rocked by massive news tomorrow?

STL FANATIC

This is the best I can do for a link, but these rumors seem to be making their way around the internet, and they sound more legit the more I read.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=610044

Some sort of criminal activity going in Montreal. Sounds bad.

Keep us updated from up there, guys.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last time Habs players were charged for something was when O'Byrne and Kostopolous stole a lady's purse after a night of clubbing, at least that's what I remember. I haven't checked out the news tonight, but I will keep an eye on any info I can get, because I'm curious to know exactly what's happening. Right now, there's nothing but a bunch of rumors.

Update: The rumor that's being repeated on every site is that 3 players may face much more serious charges. It is being said that they might even cancel practise tomorrow and one user somewhere brought up jail time. Is the media just hungry for attention or has something serious really happened? We'll know tomorrow, or later on tonight. I hope it's not as serious as it claims to be. This is one of those nights where it really sucks to not have cable. :wacko:

The consensus of things I have heard involve Gorges, Higgins and Price. Apparently Bettman is on his way to Montreal right now too.

I got this off the habs board

latest from insiders in the media (still just rumors at this point but we'll be fixed tomorrow):

- habs brass in meetings since 8pm tonight

- team meeting scheduled at midnight or whenever they arrive

- bettman en route for montreal

- police waiting for the players at the airport to arrest 3 (allegations rape & drugs)

- probable end of the career of the 3

Rumour: Gorges, Higgins, Price and possible SK74 will be arrested when they get into Montreal..I don't know if it makes sense. SK74 is already in Canada, so it probably wouldn't involve him..

Also, listen into CKAC around 1:30AM, it will be announced..

2IA3b.png

So what happened? Did they kill a hooker or something? Run a cocaine ring? Do something else reminiscent of the glory days of "Da U"?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So what happened? Did they kill a hooker or something? Run a cocaine ring? Do something else reminiscent of the glory days of "Da U"?

CKAC is saying that Hamerlik, and the 2 Kostitisyns had contact with a Hell Angels gang member.

Hell half of Quebec is in the Hells Angels :P

1zqy8ok.gif

There better be more to this than what this report says. Apperently Sergei Kostitsyn talked to someone while drunk who was a member of the Crips or Hell's Angels.

Quebec Journal Story- Translated.

If that is the huge scandel then wake me up tomorrow, there is nothing to see here.

I had a feeling it wasn't anything serious. Looks like the show's over folks.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/269591.html

This happens in the NFL every week. If this happens in any other city than Montreal (and maybe Toronto), this is page 7 news. Damn Montreal media so desperate for news.

Nuh-uh that better not be it. Why would the police be waiting for them for being in contact with one... :blink:

Hi, how are you?

This happens in the NFL every week. If this happens in any other city than Montreal (and maybe Toronto), this is page 7 news. Damn Montreal media so desperate for news.

Nuh-uh that better not be it. Why would the police be waiting for them for being in contact with one... :blink:

When was the plane supposed to land? Wouldn't the media be there as well?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Probably just to interview them as witnesses.

STL, I don't think you can be blamed for posting it, you aren't the one who blew this out of porportion. When you apparently had Jaque Demers basically crying on air about what the possible news could be calling it the worst day in Habs history it was easy for people to think that their was more of this than what there was. This seems like a situation of a journalista nd newspaper hyping a story in order to sell papers.

Archived