2009 Topps cards

BJBerthiaume

I don't know if anyone has seen this years' Topps MLB set, but they are amazing. The design of the card is so simple yet very effective. But the best thing about this years' set is the pictures are absolutely amazing. There are a ton of sideways cards and just about every card has a sweet action shot.

Here is a picture of the Josh Hamilton card (not the best quality):

misc_2009_topps_hamilton.jpg

Anyone care to comment? Like/dislike?

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I hate sideways cards.

Otherwise, they work fine. A couple of small things bug me, like the names are hard to read and the angle of home plate, but that's OK.

That can be attributed to scanning metallic silver ink. In person, they'll be fine.

I haven't bought sports cards of any kind in years. Maybe I'll grab some next time I'm at 7-11 or whatnot. The boy is almost 8 months, time to get him into collecting things that his mother will throw out when he goes to college...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

As cool as metallic ink looks, I do think it makes things harder to read. I remember one set, either Fleer Ultra or Upper Deck, that put the players' names in metallic, but everything else was printed. Pain in the ass.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Is there any database that has samples of all of the "basic" card sets over the years?

For example, if I wanted to see the basic design of the Topps, Donruss, and Fleer sets for specific seasons? I've been out of the game since '91 so I don't know what any of the recent sets look like.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I still collect. I have every Topps set since 1980, and many other sets. But being in Iraq for a year has put me behind on the collecting (and has saved me money) :) Judging from the one card posted, this is going to be one of the better looking sets.

I'm not sure if there is a particular site that documents such things at the sets over the years. That would be nice though.

For selfish reasons, I don't like sideways cards or metallic names because they don't scan silver. They scan as black and that kind of lettering is almost always against a dark background so they don't show up. I use them for t-shirt designs and like them all legible and vertical for that reason.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived