Redesigning the AHL

chickenfish13

The secondary is either a vase or two faces. Or perhaps it's an old lady?

The patch is a pack of wolves, their eyes the only thing visible against a moonlit night as the lead wolf bears his teeth.

And here are a few choices for the alt:

alts.png

Top left has my vote. This set is outstanding in general. You did an awesome job with this and it is extremely creative and innovative.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm finally done with the Pirates.

I was asked about the colour scheme when I posted the preliminary logo sheet earlier in the thread, and at that point was going back and forth on whether or not to replace the silver with an actual colour. I finally settled on a mix of Edmonton Oilers Copper and the "Sedona Red" currently used by the Houston Astros.

For the home/road jerseys, I was trying to find a way to stay consistent with the logo set while also tying into the Buffalo Sabres (the Pirates NHL affiliate). The hook shapes are consistent with the detailing in the logos, and are also meant to be reminiscent of the similar shapes on the current Sabres set (the silver hooks on the back of the home & road jerseys), and/or the last red & black Sabres set (the horn-type shapes on the front of the home & road jerseys).

The alternate jersey began as a black traditional jersey (the tie-up collar, classic striping), with the Pirates wordmark as the primary crest. I'd initially wanted to have tie-up collars throughout the set, since I thought it was a good fit for a Pirates theme, but the home and road jerseys wound up being too modern for it to make sense. I tried the copper as the primary jersey colour, just to see how crazy it would look. It kind of grew me, and I rationalized it as a way to further utilize the only colour in the scheme.

The jersey lettering is the same font used in most of the wordmark (the wordmark is comprised of two different fonts, which were then modified); the number font is the Ottawa Senators current font, with a modified "1".

So that's about it. If anyone has C&C, please feel free.

(Thanks to Roger Clemente for his jersey template; ASM for the pants and socks template; and ColorWerx for the colour resources on his site.)

pirates-logosheet-final2.png

pirates-homeuniform.png

pirates-roaduniform.png

pirates-altuniform.png

That is great Philroy! I think all the jerseys need striping around the waist, and the alternate could use the numbers on the front, but everything else looks great. Your Rust color is a great choice. I love how the bone/steering wheel logo also doubles(triples) as a snowflake somewhat. Brilliant. As a Mainer, I cosign.

I think I'm finally done with the Pirates.

I was asked about the colour scheme when I posted the preliminary logo sheet earlier in the thread, and at that point was going back and forth on whether or not to replace the silver with an actual colour. I finally settled on a mix of Edmonton Oilers Copper and the "Sedona Red" currently used by the Houston Astros.

For the home/road jerseys, I was trying to find a way to stay consistent with the logo set while also tying into the Buffalo Sabres (the Pirates NHL affiliate). The hook shapes are consistent with the detailing in the logos, and are also meant to be reminiscent of the similar shapes on the current Sabres set (the silver hooks on the back of the home & road jerseys), and/or the last red & black Sabres set (the horn-type shapes on the front of the home & road jerseys).

The alternate jersey began as a black traditional jersey (the tie-up collar, classic striping), with the Pirates wordmark as the primary crest. I'd initially wanted to have tie-up collars throughout the set, since I thought it was a good fit for a Pirates theme, but the home and road jerseys wound up being too modern for it to make sense. I tried the copper as the primary jersey colour, just to see how crazy it would look. It kind of grew me, and I rationalized it as a way to further utilize the only colour in the scheme.

The jersey lettering is the same font used in most of the wordmark (the wordmark is comprised of two different fonts, which were then modified); the number font is the Ottawa Senators current font, with a modified "1".

So that's about it. If anyone has C&C, please feel free.

(Thanks to Roger Clemente for his jersey template; ASM for the pants and socks template; and ColorWerx for the colour resources on his site.)

pirates-logosheet-02.png

pirates-homeuniform.png

pirates-roaduniform.png

pirates-altuniform.png

:winner::notworthy:

This is pure awesome, really well done, like a professional. Seriously, send this to Portland.

baltimoreravens.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived